All reviews hour fitness across the street free breakfast space needle free shuttle valet parking shuttle service sofa bed minute walk yogurt hot items front desk staff small kitchenette convention center fridge and microwave hot breakfast sitting area
Reviewed 24 November 2015

This hotel gets 1 star because there is not a lower rating. Truthfully, it would have been higher had two things not occurred.
I requested a late checkout and it was confirmed. Just after 10am, I heard a knock on the door. I yelled "just a minute" to allow myself to put my shirt on. Before I could even get the shirt over my head, housekeeping was entering the room. THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN.
I immediately called the front desk. The phone was never answered. So I went to the front desk to make the complaint. The manager on duty said it would be taken care of. The manager offered bonus points for the problem. To date (3+ weeks later) the promised bonus points have not arrived. This wreaks of a management that does not care.
I opted to checkout earlier than the requested late checkout on 10/25 due to this major problem.

As a platinum member with Marriott, I expect more of their properties and managers. I will never stay at this property again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Frank F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Good Day Jason B,
We appreciate your review. Please accept my apologies about the housekeeper that entered you room without giving you time to answer the door. We should not have done that. Please follow up with me regarding the compensation we have not delivered. I am at a disadvantage as this review is somewhat anonymous and consequently difficult to research.

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed for one night this last week. Accommodations are wonderful, great room, great bed. There was a luxurious feel about it with lemon water and cookies sitting by the elevators when I got off on my floor. Had dinner at the bistro lobby bar- fabulous service and drinks. Food from the restaurant was not great- had high hope for crab cake sandwich and fries, but quality was low and seemed microwaved.

Had an weekly check out at 4:30 am and I was well greeted.

Downside- rush hour traffic will delay your arrival (delayed for one hour at 5 stoplights trying to get to the hotel using my Google maps app) AND parking is valet only at $24 a night.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Frank F, Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2015

Sounds like a perfect stay -- thanks for leaving such kind words here! I'm happy the drinks (and cookies) hit the spot for you, but I'm sorry your dinner wasn't quite up to par. We get the best ingredients available, and it's a shame you didn't get to taste it. In any case, I'd love to have you back for another stay -- hopefully with less traffic next time around!

Reviewed 15 November 2015

This is a perfect location for business, located next to freeway makes access easy for traveling around Seattle area. It can be a bit noisy also because it's located next to freeway. The suite is spacious and comfortable. The staff is friendly and the bar/restaurant area is convenient. You can't beat the free breakfast and every floor has snacks located near the elevators if you want something quick. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: High floor on opposite side of freeway
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Glad you got to take advantage of everything here, Lisa! From the rooms to the snacks and breakfast, you deserve the best from our team, and we'd all love to see you back here next time you're in town!

Reviewed 13 November 2015

I'm a big Marriot fan, and I've come to expect a certain standard. This hotel was better than the standard, mostly because of the staff. From the greeting when we arrived, to the help with transportation, to advice about the area, everything was handled with more than a smile and genuine helpfulness. This all made me happy!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Frank F, Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

From the help from our team to your room, you'll always get the best here! Thanks for dropping us a line -- hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2015

This hotel is generally of poor quality, with dirt throughout and a fairly gross smell that reminds me of a mildewy hospital. Given that the price was good and the location reasonable however, I would have overlooked these issues UNTIL a member of the front desk staff decided to threaten me when I calmly asked for a room change. I walked myself to the HILTON GARDEN INN two blocks down the street, and couldn't be happier. Though it was a few bucks more, it's a major upgrade (nice, new, great staff, etc.) - and no grossness.

Frank (who you can see respond frequently here) opened an email thread with me about the experience, but was decidedly UNAPOLOGETIC, which I find bemusing. Obviously the service issues at the hotel run beyond just the DMV vibe of the place, and as a general rule I'd suggest you avoid it. Spend the extra few bucks and stay somewhere worthwhile.

...cue Frank. ;)

Room Tip: In another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Frank F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Good day gzicherm,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your effort to do so. Please accept our apologies for your dissatisfaction with our service and property. We have discussed your comments. We strive to do better and usually do. We are pleased that you found suitable accommodations for your needs and hope the visit to Seattle improved for you after leaving our hotel.