All reviews hour fitness across the street free breakfast space needle free shuttle valet parking shuttle service sofa bed minute walk yogurt hot items front desk staff small kitchenette convention center fridge and microwave hot breakfast sitting area
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed here one night in order to visit down town Seattle. We had a king bed suite with pull out couch for our son. The room was tight but serviceable. The breakfast was very good. There was an indoor pool and whirlpool that we didn't use but they
Looked nice. We did use the shuttle service to the Space needle, that was handy. Parking was extra but that was expected in a downtown hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Frank F, Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay, Marianne! We want you to feel like the world is your oyster whenever you're here, so it's great to see you took advantage of the shuttle service. I hope we'll get the chance to welcome you back again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 31 August 2015

We recently stayed here for 4 nights, and found some positives and negatives for the hotel. On the positive side were the staff (very friendly and helpful), the complimentary breakfast (good variety of choices), the free shuttle to Seattle Center and Westlake shopping area, the size of the room, and the convenience of having a mini fridge and microwave. On the negative side were the lack of an in-room safe, the free wi-fi only in the lobby, the requirement to valet park, and most of all the poor sleeping experience (due to loud highway noise all night long). While the hotel was not in the heart of downtown, we didn't find this an issue because of the availability of the free shuttle.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Frank F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Good Day Rltraveler100,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. We are thrilled that you liked many aspects of our property and hope to have you back again in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Very busy hotel. We arrived by cab from the train station but others were complaining about the poor parking options and the need for additional shuttles. Not in a great location and not really close to any of the major tourist attractions. This part of town seems to be a destination for the homeless so use common sense when walking, especially at night.

No major complaints but it is the little things that make a hotel better than average.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Frank F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Dear Macgruber M,
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

I've been coming to this hotel every week for 6 months due to a contract job in Seattle. I am consistently impressed with the level of friendly personal service provided by the front desk staff, as well as the dining/room service folks. Staff members are incredibly welcoming and accommodating, and eager to assist with any question or issue (whether I needed change for a $20, recommendations for a good place to eat, needed to change my reservation, or wanted to know the best way to get to Pikes Place market on foot). Particular shoutout to Phillip L, who always made me feel the hotel was happy to have me back each week. I have stayed at multiple other hotels in Seattle that were technically "fancier", but Springhill is always where I want to be when they have availability. Additionally, there have been multiple weeks where I had flight delays and consequently missed the first night of my reservation because I was stuck at an airport somewhere. Never once did they ask me to pay for the night I was unable to stay for, and they were always friendly and understanding and quick to help resolve the situation.

Other perks: high quality breakfast options (two kinds of egg scramble, many varieties of fruit and yogurt, hot oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, and at least one meat option are always available). If you're on the Executive levels (floors 8 - 10) they have extra breakfast goodies available by the elevators as well as afternoon snacks. The TVs in all rooms are big and have easily accessible HDMI ports, so I was always able to hook my laptop up to the TV and enjoy Netflix and Hulu. The free wifi is a nice perk, and I never had trouble streaming video from either of the sites previously mentioned.

The cleaning staff does a great job. Really, I can't say enough about how great the employees of this hotel are!

It's nice having a couch in the room and a somewhat separated space to hang out aside from just the bed. I felt comfortable hosting friends for an evening up in the room, as it didn't feel like they were directly in my bedroom. The HBO is nice too! It easy to walk to places like the convention center or restaurants on Pike St. There are also multiple buslines that pick you up within a block of the hotel.

Additional plug: Springhill Staff introduced me to Ethan Towncar Service. Once I experienced the exceptional customer service of Henok Adera and Miki Hagos (the heads of this towncar service), I never wanted to use anyone else. I've been using their services at least twice a week for 6 months now, and they have never once been late. They are fully reliable, and are committed to ensuring their customers feel well treated. Their service is cheaper than a taxi and much nicer. They have water bottles on hand for guests, they will pick you up from any door at the airport, and they are wonderfully friendly and easygoing. I can't recommend them highly enough, and I have Springhill front desk staff to thank for encouraging me to give Ethan Towncar service a try. Email them at ethantowncar@gmail.com and tell them Enye sent you!!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank MermaidRiot
Frank F, Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a kind and detailed review, Enye! It's always great to hear from happy guest like you, and I'm simply thrilled that you've gotten to take advantage of everything here and in the area. I can't wait to see you here again, and our whole team is looking forward to you next stay with us.

Best,

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Location is very good to downtown Seattle and there is a local shuttle to attractions in the area! Rooms are exactly same as every SpringHill. I just wished they would update the rooms to a new, fresher design. Bad side is the room prices are extremely expensive for what you get. While I used reward points to book another person in my party had to pay rates I don't even see in DC. Also, the lobby area is small when several guests arrive at the same time. Breakfast was okay.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the feedback here, Craig! My team and I want to make sure your stay with us is perfect, and we'll be sure to keep all this in mind for the future.

Safe travels,