2,235 results
All reviewsbookstore barspa suitepike place marketwine hourpioneer squareseattle art museumboutique hotelfront desk staffferris wheelhappy hourmini barbottle of champagnefew blocksan upgradewonderful hotelwe've stayedking room
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Read lots of positive reviews on here, and decided to give it a go - my first stay at a Kimpton property. Travelled with my 70+ mother, for a special couple of nights passing through the city on route from the UK back to Australia - so booked a one bedroom with a sofa bed.

Whilst hoping for a similar experience / level of service that the other reviewers here conveyed, we came away with a sour feeling of being short-changed on the brand promise of the boutique hotel promoting exceptional service and friendliness. Normally I'd just complete IHG's online feedback request which creates a review - but for some reason staying at Kimpton doesn't feed through to a published one on their website - so resorting here.....

It's a fact of a travel-heavy life that things do go wrong / hotels don't get it right - nothing is always perfect - but I'm a firm believer of giving the opportunity to set things right. It's when the hotel doesn't seem to care about their lacklustre services / poor guest experience that gets my hackles up. A quick (but not exhaustive) list of the things which added up to the disappointing experience:

- Booked a suite, email correspondence back and forth with front desk asked for sofa bed to be already made up for our arrival as we were both exhausted from the flight (it wasn't)
- Opened in-room bar fridge to find plastic shopping bag with rotting remains of previous guest's leftover snacks inside, and pooled liquid at bottom of said fridge (front reception staff and attending employee who removed said bag and mopped the fridge out didn't seem to think it was at all unfortunate)
- Possibly the worst club sandwich I've ever had for a jet-lagged room service dinner in a lifetime of travelling (how hard can it be to get a club sandwich right? I expressed my discontent with the staff, which was met with a blasé response - which stings even more after paying $30 for the sandwich)
- On checkout, I asked for my bill to be emailed, and provided my email address to the clerk. Checked six hours later, no invoice. Was still in town (no late check out available) so popped back to front desk - "oh, we didn't send it because we don't have an email address on file for you"....which was the exact same clerk who I'd checked out with hours earlier and who had taken down my email address

I feel like the Alexis does get some things right (the complimentary coffee counter in the AM is a nice idea, the dog food "stand" with the guest dog's names written out is also a nice touch), but overall the important "customer service" just didn't happen for us. Maybe it was due to a heap of cruise ships in town, so they were weary from churning through all the single-nighter guests? We spent just under four figures for a two night stay - so I'm excluding the reason for poor service on the basis of not being a decent-revenue guest.....so just scratching my head as to why we had such a poor experience compared to the majority of other guests who've taken time on here to review it. Even at check out I wasn't asked by the clerk "how was your stay with us" or anything similar. If they'd asked, I'd probably have been open and honest and asked to speak to a duty manager - but wasn't even given the chance.

Great location though for exploring the city - and cheery luggage chaps.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2018

This hotel is really terrific. Great staff, good food, attentive concierge, great location and just overall and comfortable, homey place to stay and we were there for 7 nights. I had very carefully (months in advance) read the website and selected the fireplace suite (or authors suite) room 422. It was gorgeous and roomy. My only complaint and I am SHOCKED nobody else here on TripAdvisor has mentioned it is the unbelievable noise in the bedroom of this suite. I could not sleep without putting in headphones with white noise on the highest volume. The noise from the elevators and other strange mechanical noises was truly obnoxious. I don't know if there was an issue during our stay but had I known about this or read another review like this I would have selected another suite. I DEFINITELY would still have stayed here as I loved it - but the noise in this particular room for sleeping just ruined it for me. I mentioned it at the desk and it was obvious they were completely aware of the problem. So, my review is DEFINITELY stay here, it's great. Just DO NOT stay in room 422 if you are a light sleeper. Even my husband who is a deep sleeper was awakened numerous times each night by the odd noises.

Room Tip: NOT 422 (Fireplace Suite)
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018

This hotel is located in downtown. Walkable distance to the piers and Pike Market. We also walked to Mariners stadium for a Angels vs Mariner game. The advertised Happy hour was mediocre and not a reason to book in my opinion, though a nice idea. Just such a crowded area. Our rooms were comfortable, no view except of the building in front of the hotel.the desk and valet staff were nice and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathleen L
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This Kimpton hotel is great. Conveniently located to ports and pikes market. The suite I had was really comfortable and impressive. Managers happy hour is a nice feature. The staff is very knowledgeable of the area. I can't wait to visit again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2018

The Alexis is in a prime location in the heart of Seattle. 5 minute walk to Pike Places and to the waterfront with the Aquarium, restaurants and the various ferries. Located next door to Alexis is Storyville Coffee. Great Staff and service at the Hotel. The Bookstore Bar located in the building, is also a great place for a glass of wine and they have great food. Every afternoon there's complimentary happy hour with wine and snacks in the lobby area. The hotel is also very PET Friendly. I don't drink coffee at home, but when staying at the Alexis, having a Cappuccino or Latte at Storyville is a MUST. Looking forward to our next stay at the Alexis!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple