“Still Amazing!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 4,454 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University
Description: Whether you're seeking a relaxed setting for lunch, a gracious atmosphere for dinner, or a festive and elegant venue for your most special occasions, The Capital Grille will provide a dining experience you won't soon forget. Local, seasonal ingredients, the freshest seafood Seattle has to offer, and hand cut dry aged steaks masterfully prepared, all served in the sophisticated environment of the historic Cobb Building.Join us, won't you?
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Every year my husband will take me out for a nice dinner for my Birthday and Anniversary. So for our 27th wedding anniversary we had dinner at Capital Grille. From valet parking, to the hostess, to our waiter Drew it was an all around excellent experience. They put a little heart shaped confetti on the table and a hand written note signed by staff. They gave us a complimentary dessert with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the plate. I was already so full from the fantastic Filet Mignon, Creamed Corn and Sauté Spinach but it was a courteous gesture and by the way DELICIOUS. So what do I love: Staff is on top of things, attentive and have a way of making you feel valued as a guest in this fine dining establishment. The special touches like the hand written note and dessert. We have been to a number of high end steak houses and restaurants and no one does this. This is why we keep coming back, they appreciate our business and make us feel special when we're celebrating an occasion with them and even when we dine there and we're not celebrating. The entire staff presents well very professional. They are knowledgeable, the staff is well experienced in their trade. They check in with you to ensure everything is okay including the hostess. The food is fantastic! The creamed corn was a hit with us. Prosecco was perfect. What I don't love: Nothing. Every bit of my experience each and every time is amazing, Capital Grille never disappoints. Please don't change, we love you just the way you are!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The meal was very good. Our service was just okay. Arrived just a few minutes early, but were not seated right away although there were many empty tables. Valet parking saw our car parked right outside the restaurant right where we left it for $10....oh well. If you like steak, this is a good choice, but our server did not have the personality that you would expect in a restaurant of this caliber.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Our server was amazing; great knowledge of the menu and gluten-free options. The staff was kind and very friendly to our 9 and 12 year olds. We enjoyed mouthwatering steaks and drinks, and topped it all off with creme brûlée.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We were greeted by a professional, friendly, and efficient gentleman who took the time to insure we had just the experience we were looking for. We wanted a booth for a more intimate dinner and waited at the bar while one was prepared for us. The bartender served me a perfect martini while we waited. Our table was ready before we finished our drinks. The table was perfect, on the outer edge of the restaurant so we were able to enjoy each other’s company. Our waiter took some time once again to get to know our expectations and then made some recommendations. We had the lobster and crab cakes fo an appetizer and it was delicious. I had the tenderloin topped with lobster tail. The steak was cooked to perfection, tender, and delicious. The lobster was also done really well. We also had the lobster Mac-n-Cheese which was the highlight of our meal. The service from beginning to end was perfect and I definitely recommend this restaurant for someone looking for a quality meal and impeccable service.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

First food stop in Seattle. The food was good. I had the Haddock and Losbster Mac n Cheese. Spouse had the aged steak. I guess I expected the food to be good especially for the price, but our server was the star. Thanks T’Shovie you really out shined the food.