2,062 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelcorner roomself parkwithin walking distancefitness centerlobby barspace needlepike place marketper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer squarehappy hour
Reviewed 8 May 2017

The hotel rooms are spacious and clean, as well as the lobby areas; the front desk staff were absolutely professional, courteous, and extremely helpful when asked about area places to eat, etc. The room also had a mini-frig, which was wonderful, and the closet had a floor-to-ceiling section of shelving that I haven't seen in any other hotel. (see photos). Loved the bathroom, with plenty of towels and shelving for your stuff. I stayed here for a business conference, and had to walk to the convention center, which was about 7-8 blocks away. In chilly, wet, rainy weather, it was not a pleasant walk. All my activities were around the convention center, as was most other places of interest, walking along Pine Street, which is 7-8 block walk away. The nearest metro station is about a total of 6 block walk in either direction (2 blocks down, 4 blocks across combination), between University Station and Pioneer Square Station. Another possibly unknown tip is that this portion of downtown Seattle is very HILLY and it is a straight uphill walk from 1st Ave up to 6th where this hotel sits at the top of the hill. Quite a walk! This hotel location would be perfect if you are here on business within the financial district.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the interstate
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JCitytraveler701
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us while you attended the conference.
Seattle is a hilly city and we are half way up and overlook the downtown buildings.
As you mentioned we are just about 6 blocks from the convention center, Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square. So we are somewhat in the center of it all.
The easiest approach is taking the University street or the Westlake center Pine and 6th, street subway stop and walking up 6th avenue.

I do hope that our service and amenities will entice you to come back and stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I love the hotel
The decor
The bed is so confortable and the room is big good view
The only inconvenience was the parking as it was expensive for overnight parking and every time I enter it I have to pay
So my advice park outside around the hotel

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Khaoula K

Dear Khaoula,

Thank you so much for staying with us and your great feedback.
Parking is expensive in the city, and I would recommend to pay the flat fee when staying in a hotel rather than paying by the hourly fee. This in general is a better deal for you .

Looking forward to have you back soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Stayed here while at a conference in the same hotel. Service was good, room was clean and comfortable, but $13 a night for wi fi is pretty poor, especially as this is not a cheap place to stay. A working guide on the TV would have been good too. And the air con was very noisy. So, overall it was OK, but not great.

As a conference venue it was good, food was better than average, and everything seemed to work, which is always a bonus.

Room Tip: There is a bit of noise from the interstate, so you might want to avoid that side.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank vicguy45
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear viceguy45,
Thank you so much for staying with us while in Seattle and for your feedback.
I do understand that you did not appreciate to have to pay for Wi-Fi. As a Marriott branded hotel we do offer free Wi-Fi to all of our Reward members as long as you book through Marriott direct. This is a benefit for Reward members and as long as you sign up while staying in the hotel internet is free.
I am however pleased that you did enjoy the hotel and especially the food service operation.

Again thank you for staying with us and I do hope you give us another opportunity on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I live in Alaska and I ended up in Seattle for surgery. We stayed in the Renaissance Hotel because it is within walking distance of Harborview Medical Center and because they have a hospital rate. I spent the night before I went into the hospital there and my wife and adult son stayed there for the week I was in hospital. When I got out I found we needed a handicapped accessible room. They found me one, and they found a chair that I could get in and out of. They did everything they could do to accommodate our needs during the week I had to stay there to attend clinics.

Three weeks later I had to go back to Seattle unexpectedly, they accommodated me on short notice, getting me, again an accessible room.

The people in lounge made a special effort to make sure I got food that would not trigger my allergies. The staff even left little "get well soon" notes in the hotel room. It was a small thing but so appreciated.

Room Tip: On the north side are views of the Space needle.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Rich,

Thank you so much for staying with us while visiting Seattle. I am so sorry the circumstances where not better. I am glad my team took care of your needs and your family and I do hope the best in your recovery process. Maybe you have another opportunity to come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Hotel is easy to access with lots of under hotel parking. Building is near the "top" of downtown Seattle so if you go out to walk you will have, depending on direction, a steep hill to walk. The in hotel restaurant is nice (Maxwell's). The staff are very good and attentive. Breakfast for 2 with tip approached $50. The room was clean. I liked the layout, it put the sleeping area away from the hallway. I appreciated the quietness and I heard no door slamming the whole weekend. We had a king sized bed and I was not impressed with it. It was ok for sitting up and watching tv but for sleeping it was not. Spring mattress with minimal padding and rather firm. Any movement is very much noticed by anyone else in bed. Sit on the side of the bed and the other person practically get ejected from the other side! Bathroom was on the small side. everything was in good shape. No mold or mildew in sight!! Tub was a little undersized and the controls a little temperamental. Love the backlit mirror! Decent TP!!!
This hotel was a splurge for us. We also got the Terra Cotta Warriors package for Pacific Science Center when booking this hotel.
We thought the price of the hotel was a little much. Room tax in downtown Seattle is not cheap.
Overall this was a great getaway.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike E
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear Mike,
Thank you so much for staying with us, and I do hope you enjoyed the Cotta Warrior package. I do appreciate your feedback about our hotel and especially appreciate the great feedback on the breakfast in Maxwell.

I do hope you have another opportunity soon to cvome back and visit us again.