14 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$653
Hotels.comUS$656
FindHotelUS$653
PricelineUS$653
Agoda.comUS$653
CheapTicketsUS$656
3,678 results
All reviews abc store west tower small beach the big island hawaiian history partial ocean view within walking distance shops and restaurants pool bar ocean front oceanfront room late check per day fitness center self parking rental car resort fee
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

The hotel is very well located; has a beautiful art gallery featuring King Kamehameha and the Hawaiian royal family and its history; a shopping area featuring an ABC Store and Menehune Coffee; a private beach; beautiful pool and poolside bar and grill; and wonderful luau. The Front Desk is great for the most part but messed up our dry cleaning order. Housekeeping is excellent. The service at the poolside bar can be very slow at times. The worst thing for us: the beds. The room was supposed to be two queens. As frequently happens with Marriotts, “double” beds are called “queens”. My 21 year old daughter and I could not comfortably share the bed. These beds are definitely NOT queens and they are stiff and extremely high. It was difficult for me to get into bed each night (I am 5’5”) or when I needed somewhere to sit. Our room was definitely too small for four adults with luggage, etc. We were uncomfortable all week. If other rooms had been available at a lower cost, we would have booked a separate room for our young adults.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank LandAMom
Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

-room was very nice and updated although it’s too bad they couldn’t make new barn style bathroom doors big enough to cover opening
-beach was fine in terms of crowds…and I HATE crowds
-walking distance from lots of places
-pool cafe service was mixed. I had one horrible server and two good ones
-they do a good job of explaining what is included in resort fee
-management is VERY proactive. When I had a problem that I didn’t even ask to rectify, they reached out and made amends anyway.
-I also asked if they had a microwave I could use and they delivered one almost immediately
-far better service than the Sheraton, where I also stayed on my trip

2  Thank D3875UYheatherp
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

I could not be more happy with our choice of hotels here on the Big Island. The “King Kam” is ideal. The rooms are updated and comfortable. The staff is FANTASTIC and super FRIENDLY. The amenities are great! We ate several meals at Billfish (we also enjoyed the Mai Tias and Lava Flows), enjoyed a spa day at the on-site spa, complimentary beach chairs, and ABC store on site and within walking distance to so many restaurants. We will be attending the luau (on-site) this evening. I’m sure it will be just as perfect as the rest of our stay. We are sad to leave tomorrow. The front desk staff arranged a late check out to accommodate an evening flight departure so we get to enjoy one more day on their beautiful beach, freshen up for dinner/travel before heading to the airport. 100% would recommend!!! STAY HERE!

2  Thank PCWLA
Reviewed 21 May 2021 via mobile

First of all, Eric, thank you for welcoming us with a warm Kailua-Kona Hawaii welcome. I mean, he made me feel like he already knew me, and had been waiting on me to arrive.
I was thrilled after a long day of travel to have someone greet me in this manner. He answered every question before I could even ask it.
The Courtyard Marriott is a low key resort property.
The staff are super attentive, and remembered my name, and details such as members of our party being allergic to pineapple.
They have everything you could need onsite, and anything may want to do within walking distance. Safeway, Walmart, Sam’s Hideaway, and much more.
This place is the place to stay, and the price is definitely right considering typical Hawaii prices.
Please keep that warm hospitality at this hotel. We do plan to return!

5  Thank whereto2next
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

Although the staff that works there are the sweetest things in the world their manager who should handle situations is disrespectful and arrogant. We left this establishment to stay at the Sheraton where they are much nicer and accommodate you. What's funny is it's the same company but much different values. I gota give the front staff 5 stars because they went above and beyond to help us check out and ensure we got all our funds back but the manager ruined our stay. We were booked 4 days but cut it down to 1.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple