16 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$608
Hotels.comUS$608
PricelineUS$562
CheapTicketsUS$608
Prestigia.comUS$562
FindHotelUS$562
3,431 results
All reviews rays on the bay manta ray keauhou bay the big island free trolley game room ocean front breakfast buffet self park poolside bar pool side an ocean view room beautiful grounds rental car lava rock sandy beach nice pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2021

Nice location, if situated well to the south of Kailua-Kona. Biggest problem here is the service, with overcrowded check-in leading to the staff not informing us of the charges to be expected (yes, I am sure it is buried in the Web site somewhere). So what we heard as we were checking in was that parking was included in the resort fee, but apparently as we found out when we left, this was not true. The guy checking us out informed me that "everybody knows parking is separate", which is a good indication of the way they treat their guests (even those who are Marriott members). Namely, they are invisible, nonexistent entities, because I am evidently "not somebody".

Anyway, expect to pay $25 for parking, $30 for resort fee, and $22 for county taxes, all added on to the costs actually shown on their Web site. And do not expect the staff to inform you of this when you check-in. After all, "everybody knows it..."

Room tip: Choose ocean front
Date of stay: April 2021
4  Thank Carl S
Reviewed 30 March 2021

We stayed at this hotel because it was one of two hotels on the island that accepted travelers who were waiting for their negative Covid 19 test results. It is a 30 minute drive from the airport and not within walking distance to anything.
We checked in and were quarantined to our room even though only one person needed their results. The room was not up to the standards that most Sheraton's have. The bathroom mirror had spots on it. There was a towel bar only big enough for a towel and one half. The door had a fixture for a hook but no hook.
After 45 minutes the Quarantine was removed because the negative results were received. We were free to leave the hotel but no one told us that due to Covid and while we were away from the room all day, housekeeping would not set foot in our room to make our beds and replenish coffee, cups and water. Besides this there was no cell service through the concrete block walls and the rug smelled like milldew. Pool end tables were not wiped down daily and not full service restaurant is available on the property. Not a relaxing vacation stay for the price you pay!

6  Thank 26betsye
Reviewed 24 March 2021

From the front desk to housekeeping to the bellmen - everyone went out of his or her way to make our stay wonderful. Erica at the front desk and her manager kindly upgraded us to an ocean-view room in honor of our Marriott Bonvoy membership. The rooms are beautiful. I believe all the rooms have private balconies. The resort is absolutely gorgeous - it was a great pleasure strolling through all the different park-like settings – the greenery, flowers, and birds chirping in the background – such a beautiful resort. We took advantage of the complimentary paddle-boat rentals, Lei Making classes, and manta talk, but the hotel has other activities which we did not join such as historic Keauhou land tours, hula classes, yoga, live music, etc. The resort fee includes other benefits such as enhanced wifi (which was well appreciated by my husband who had to join a couple of professional meetings), access to outdoor games, welcome Shell lei, welcome bag, and 2 complimentary water bottles per room. We had both breakfast and dinner at the hotel's dining restaurant, the "Wailele Cafe" and found the food delicious and beautifully presented (Seafood Chowder, Poke Bowl, Mac Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi, Farfalle Pasta with shrimp, etc. for dinner and vegetable omelets, Hawaiian Malasadas, pastries, croissants, coffee/tea etc. for breakfast). There is a grocery store called the "Holoholo" market in the hotel that appears to have everything a traveller would need at very reasonable price. One morning, we decided to explore a route an uber driver showed us that went from behind the hotel to the Keauhou Shopping Center in just 15-20 minutes walk. While there, we had savory crêpes breakfast at the "Peaberry and Gallette" at the shopping complex. Overall, we loved our stay at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay.

Room tip: Book activities ahead - COVID restrictions has limited participants/activity. All rooms are nice, but ocean front upgrades are worth it.
5  Thank WoorldVoyager
Reviewed 23 March 2021

This was the third time staying at the Sheraton Kona Resort and Spa over the past 10 years. I love the location and grounds of this property. This property has the potential to be a luxury brand if they put some money back into it. The pool area is beautiful and the hotel was very clean. I was very disappointed that the rooms have not been updated since the first visit here. This hotel has so much potential but they really have not put anything into the hotel and my worries would be their star status could drastically fall below 3 if some improvements are not made soon. The bathroom tub was chipping and looked truly third world. It appeared it was touched up with enamel paint that just made it look terrible. I know Covid has not made it easy for any hotel but it's time to start thinking of the future and return this hotel to its former beauty.

1  Thank marypA2913AS
Reviewed 20 March 2021

I booked a night here before I flew back home only because of the manta ray night swim tour that is close to the hotel. I left beautiful Marriott Beach Club in Waikoloa to come down to this location and it has been one disappointment after another. I paid the same price I was paying at Waikoloa but I was getting a substandard experience. The hotel is in desperate need of a full overhaul. The public spaces are falling apart, the hallways and rooms smell musty and there is only one elevator for the whole building (all 3 wings). The first room I got smelled heavily of mold and mildew so I requested a different room. The next room I went to I couldn’t even get to because the floors were being painted in the hallways and it was blocked off. The next room they sent me to was facing the ocean (great view) BUT was right next to the pool where tons of kids were screaming and you could hear it from inside the room. There was a large stain on the bed covering. The next room they sent me to the a/c wasn’t working and they had to call maintenance. Even after they fixed the a/c the room still smells of mildew. The whole room needs to be redone. The smell has seeped into the carpet. For $360/night I expected the same hotel I just came from. Not this.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank listwithlauren
Sheraton Team , General Manager at Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2021

Aloha,
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with our management team.

Mahalo,