Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,431 results
All reviews rays on the bay manta ray keauhou bay the big island free trolley game room ocean front breakfast buffet self park poolside bar pool side an ocean view room beautiful grounds rental car lava rock sandy beach nice pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2021

From the front desk to housekeeping to the bellmen - everyone went out of his or her way to make our stay wonderful. Erica at the front desk and her manager kindly upgraded us to an ocean-view room in honor of our Marriott Bonvoy membership. The rooms are beautiful. I believe all the rooms have private balconies. The resort is absolutely gorgeous - it was a great pleasure strolling through all the different park-like settings – the greenery, flowers, and birds chirping in the background – such a beautiful resort. We took advantage of the complimentary paddle-boat rentals, Lei Making classes, and manta talk, but the hotel has other activities which we did not join such as historic Keauhou land tours, hula classes, yoga, live music, etc. The resort fee includes other benefits such as enhanced wifi (which was well appreciated by my husband who had to join a couple of professional meetings), access to outdoor games, welcome Shell lei, welcome bag, and 2 complimentary water bottles per room. We had both breakfast and dinner at the hotel's dining restaurant, the "Wailele Cafe" and found the food delicious and beautifully presented (Seafood Chowder, Poke Bowl, Mac Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi, Farfalle Pasta with shrimp, etc. for dinner and vegetable omelets, Hawaiian Malasadas, pastries, croissants, coffee/tea etc. for breakfast). There is a grocery store called the "Holoholo" market in the hotel that appears to have everything a traveller would need at very reasonable price. One morning, we decided to explore a route an uber driver showed us that went from behind the hotel to the Keauhou Shopping Center in just 15-20 minutes walk. While there, we had savory crêpes breakfast at the "Peaberry and Gallette" at the shopping complex. Overall, we loved our stay at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay.

Room tip: Book activities ahead - COVID restrictions has limited participants/activity. All rooms are nice, but ocean front upgrades are worth it.
5  Thank WoorldVoyager
Reviewed 23 March 2021

This was the third time staying at the Sheraton Kona Resort and Spa over the past 10 years. I love the location and grounds of this property. This property has the potential to be a luxury brand if they put some money back into it. The pool area is beautiful and the hotel was very clean. I was very disappointed that the rooms have not been updated since the first visit here. This hotel has so much potential but they really have not put anything into the hotel and my worries would be their star status could drastically fall below 3 if some improvements are not made soon. The bathroom tub was chipping and looked truly third world. It appeared it was touched up with enamel paint that just made it look terrible. I know Covid has not made it easy for any hotel but it's time to start thinking of the future and return this hotel to its former beauty.

1  Thank marypA2913AS
Reviewed 20 March 2021

I booked a night here before I flew back home only because of the manta ray night swim tour that is close to the hotel. I left beautiful Marriott Beach Club in Waikoloa to come down to this location and it has been one disappointment after another. I paid the same price I was paying at Waikoloa but I was getting a substandard experience. The hotel is in desperate need of a full overhaul. The public spaces are falling apart, the hallways and rooms smell musty and there is only one elevator for the whole building (all 3 wings). The first room I got smelled heavily of mold and mildew so I requested a different room. The next room I went to I couldn’t even get to because the floors were being painted in the hallways and it was blocked off. The next room they sent me to was facing the ocean (great view) BUT was right next to the pool where tons of kids were screaming and you could hear it from inside the room. There was a large stain on the bed covering. The next room they sent me to the a/c wasn’t working and they had to call maintenance. Even after they fixed the a/c the room still smells of mildew. The whole room needs to be redone. The smell has seeped into the carpet. For $360/night I expected the same hotel I just came from. Not this.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank listwithlauren
Sheraton Team , General Manager at Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2021

Aloha,
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with our management team.

Mahalo,

Reviewed 13 March 2021

When you stay at the Sheraton Kona Resort and Spa, you can book paddleboards for two hours for FREE! Shout out to Sam Coffey, Operations Manager at Keahou Bay Adventures located by the kiddie pool for amazing service with waivers, time set-up and great boards and paddles. Mahalo!

Reviewed 26 February 2021

We booked a stay at this hotel in Feb 2021, the entire experience was awful, upon arrival there was a security guard at a box at the entry, when I drove up he asked me my business.
I told him I was checking in and he launched into an entire angry statement about tourists and told me I need a wristband which I should have pre ordered in the mail.
Now I just had to go though a covid check before flying and another at the airport and I jut wanted to get into a comfy bed and sleep.
Oh no Sir, if you don't have a wristband you can't come in, go park in the parking lot over there and walk up to the hotel.
So I go into the parking lot, to the right is a lot reserved for valet parking only, and to the left a public parking paid lot, so I go to the right since there is no valet service and Mr. Jpobsworth comes out of his guard shack and tells me that this is for valet parking only and he will tow my rental car if I park here, well its full of cars, the public parking is empty, anyway he makes me go park way at the back of the public parking lot band drag my luggage approx a quarter mile across the lot.
Wehn I get to the entrance of the hotel from the parking lot he is there, it's like a little tunnel thing and he tells me I can't go any further until I show him my covid test, so I open my phone and show him the test I uploaded to the safe travel website and he accused me of stealing someone elses phone and forging entry, so I have to dig out my ID, he wants to see my drivers license, my credit cards and recent photos of me on my phone and a utility bill, who carries an electricity or gas bill with them on vacation?
Anyway he made me take all my luggage back to the car and charged me to get out of the parking lot.
We ended up getting in after many phone calls because we wanted to dine in Rays restaurant, and see the Rays, but it was closed due to Covid, so was pretty much everything else in that hotel, not good, 2 stars for a nice view from the room, staff were rude, unbecoming and heartless, not recommended

Date of stay: February 2021
6  Thank leichsputtle
Sheraton Team , General Manager at Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Mahalo for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Kona Resort and Spa at Keauhou Bay and for your feedback in regards to your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations and have shared this with the appropriate leadership team.