Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM

from US$199.00
from US$199.00
from US$1,200.00
More Info
All reviews black sand beach the big island zane volcano history hawaii fun guide
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2021

The tour was great, and the ride was very comfortable and luxurious. It was a full day packed with many adventures, and the lava was incredible, and the guide even took pictures of the lava with us. The drive in the park, crater, and rainforest was enjoyed by everybody. The picnic lunch was excellent and we saw turtles at the black sand beach.
Our guide, Zane, was very knowledgeable, friendly, and hospitable throughout the day. I would recommend this trip to all my friends.

1  Thank J2869QYeriks
Reviewed 5 March 2021

The guys at Hawaii Geo Tours were friendly and well informed on local beaches, history, and culture. We appreciated their experience and knowledge as geologists and enjoyed our tour in volcanoes national park.
Viewing the lava flow from several years ago and the seeing the new black sand beach that was created was impressive. I would highly recommend Hawaii Geo Tours.

Date of experience: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 4 March 2021

The National Park was so amazing! I loved being able to see the smoke pluming and the glow of the lava. It was a beautiful and amazing experience! I learned so much from Erik about the geology of the island. It was fascinating! I loved driving through the rain forest. The picnic lunch was delicious. I got to go on optional short hikes to see some very unique parts of the island.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

We wanted to learn more about what makes the Big Island so special and unique (active volcanoes) and were not disappointed! Our tour guide was a wealth of knowledge, that he shared with great humor and credibility (Zane is a geologist who has literally lived all over the globe!) He entertained us the entire day and we could happily have spent more time with him at Volcanoes National Park. He was fortunate enough to have witnessed the 2018 Kilauea eruption, and has camped frequently in the Park, so this guy knows where to take his guests. The delicious lunch was a welcome change to the “econo-box” meals we’ve come to expect on tours in the past. We can highly recommend a fun-filled day with Hawaii Geo Tours as part of your Big Island adventures!!

1  Thank GO2HI
Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Erik took great care of us and taught us some interesting stuff about geology and history of the island. Thank you again for providing me and my family with such a fun and great experience during our visit to the Big Island of Hawaii.

Date of experience: December 2020