Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM

from US$199.00
from US$199.00
from US$1,200.00
More Info
All reviews black sand beach the big island zane volcano history hawaii guide fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021

The National Park was so amazing! I loved being able to see the smoke pluming and the glow of the lava. It was a beautiful and amazing experience! I learned so much from Erik about the geology of the island. It was fascinating! I loved driving through the rain forest. The picnic lunch was delicious. I got to go on optional short hikes to see some very unique parts of the island.

Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

We wanted to learn more about what makes the Big Island so special and unique (active volcanoes) and were not disappointed! Our tour guide was a wealth of knowledge, that he shared with great humor and credibility (Zane is a geologist who has literally lived all over the globe!) He entertained us the entire day and we could happily have spent more time with him at Volcanoes National Park. He was fortunate enough to have witnessed the 2018 Kilauea eruption, and has camped frequently in the Park, so this guy knows where to take his guests. The delicious lunch was a welcome change to the “econo-box” meals we’ve come to expect on tours in the past. We can highly recommend a fun-filled day with Hawaii Geo Tours as part of your Big Island adventures!!

Date of experience: January 2021
1  Thank GO2HI
Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Erik took great care of us and taught us some interesting stuff about geology and history of the island. Thank you again for providing me and my family with such a fun and great experience during our visit to the Big Island of Hawaii.

Reviewed 31 January 2021

We couldn’t have made a better choice!!! Definitely the guides know their stuff, from history of the island and its people to the geological topics that kept me entertained throughout the trip. We just about went around the island in vip style, the guys were well known everywhere they took us as well as knew their way. Will recommend it to a few friends that are planning to visit the island, it’s a must in your itinerary and couldn’t have made a better choice in tour guide services.

Reviewed 30 December 2020 via mobile

My Last visit to the Volcano National Park I learned much about the culture of the island and volcano. However with Hawaii Geo Tours the experience was more focused on the geologic significance of the volcanoes, how the island was formed, each lava flow and their impact, and the events in Hawaii’s geological history that shaped the island. Our guide was extremely passionate and well versed on the Hawaii islands starting from the very basics at the beginning of the tour to then going more in depth as the tour went on, making the experience open to all tourists regardless of prior knowledge. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone who wants to learn more about the island and its volcanoes!