“Fantastic and tranquil vacation home beautifully...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Ashley S
Austin, Texas, United States
“Fantastic and tranquil vacation home beautifully decorated”
Reviewed 30 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

A beautiful and tranquil house, the owner has decorated it in a gorgeous Asian style. The home is incredibly well equipped, the garage full of useful beach items, the drawers have plenty of board games. My 3 year old daughter loved the toy kitchen in the garage. Indeed we kept finding more and more useful things as the stay went on, some of them we wish we had discovered earlier. (For example we discovered a toddler beach life vest only after we rented one at the beach for $9!).

Quite honestly I'm surprised the owner has put such nice furnishing in a vacation rental, until recently I owned a vacation rental and I would not have trusted renters with some of the lovely items in this home. The home is decorated in an Asian/Buddhist/Thai style.

The house was obviously originally designed not to have or need air conditioning, most of the time it receives sea breezes which keep it cool with the doors open and the screens in place. We found we really only needed to run the AC in the evenings. Some reviewers mentioned the lack of curtains but we weren't bothered with it since there is little chance of anyone seeing in unless they stand on an adjoining roof. And I came to like waking up with the dawn light, but other renters may not be so keen on the early morning light.

There were no problems that warranted calling the owner. The AC in one of the bedrooms was not working but I believe it was just the coin cell battery in the remote. But as I said earlier we didn't find the need for AC other than in the evenings in the living room. Those that require a contact 72F night and day may disagree. And despite being otherwise extremely well equipped there was a lack of tea spoons in the kitchen, tea being very close to my heart being English!

The pool was lovely, my daughter spent lots of time in it, the hot tub was great for us adults, and my teenage son discovered a sauna but we didn't use it as he said it looked like it hadn't been used in a while and besides Hawaii is enough of a sauna.

We regularly (every year or so) visit vacation rentals and this was clearly the best we've ever visited and we'd definitely recommend it and would come again given the chance.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
2 Aug 2018
Dear Ashley,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. That helps us so much. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay!
Aloha from Kona, Laurie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing