“We stopped for hot chocolate to go.”
Review of Sylvan Lake Lodge

Sylvan Lake Lodge
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Custer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2018

After the Buffalo Roundup and having lunch in the car because of cold, wet weather we stopped at the Sylvan lake lodge to get some hot chocolate or coffee. It was the middle of the afternoon, so they were not seating and we were not guest, but they graciously fixed the three of us hot chocolates to go!

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Great food and amazing staff. Our waiter was 1st class. Love this place. This was a special dinner for my sweetheart, our waiter and the lodge made it a very memorable experience. One we will remember always.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Overall our stay was alright but our cabin was very tiny and not designed well. If you are a size L or larger the bathroom is very tight/uncomfortable. There was mold and a crack in the shower of our bathroom. The rest of the cabin seemed clean. There is no cell service at the cabins and the wifi does not reach so be sure to bring a book, games, etc to pass the time. Especially if you're visiting when it is getting dark early otherwise you'll have an awkward time where it is too early to go to bed but you don't have anything to do. There is a tv but the stations do not come in well so they were all static/pixelated. I do wish when you checked in that they would give you a "no housekeeping" or "do not disturb" sign to let them know you don't need things cleaned. I didn't realize they had housekeeping so was a bit startled when I walked in and things were moved around. Also I didn't need things cleaned/switched out after just one night there so it was a waste of water etc. I also think it would be good to include a menu for the lodge since there is no cell service to look it up and reservations are suggested. We ended up not eating there because we were not sure what they had to offer.
We enjoyed our cabin at Blue Bell much better.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We had spent the day driving through Custer Park and wanted a quick bite, It was mid afternoon and there were few people around. The service was good and the club sandwich was tasty. Cocktails were great. Not much of a view off the patio, but it was peaceful and pretty.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Overall, we enjoyed our meal here, but we were disappointed with the service. The appetizer did not come out until after the entrees, and when I reminded our server, she was just a bit short with her answer ("the buffalo meat balls take 15 minutes" - it had already been more than 15 minutes), She didn't check back with us to see if we needed anything else like another glass of wine. My dessert came out at least 10 minutes after the other desserts (probably because of my meatball question). My sister-in-law asked her to box the rest of her chocolate cake but our server threw it away. She did bring her a creme brulee, as her piece of cake was the last one. Then she got the 3 bills all screwed up. But the food was good!

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to Sylvan Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!