“decent meal”

Denial South Dakota
Ranked #18 of 51 Restaurants in Custer
Description: A Black Hills Bistro. Casual Dining with table service, Classy and comfortable atmosphere.
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We called for a meal it was Sunday evening so not many places were open the meal was decent but the staff were not the friendliest.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Staff was super friendly and the food was great! Cute patio out back. Staff was attentive and gave excellent recommendations...will definitely visit again!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

This place is cute, relaxing and has great service. They also have a little hidden gem behind their building. A sweet little outdoor patio, weather permitting. They make seriously good homemade soups and their Mac n Cheese is awesome. You can choose different toppings for the Mac n Cheese like brisket, bacon, chicken, etc. check out their menu online.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I just experienced one of the nicest places on my visit to Souh Dakota!! I am on vacation with my dearest friends of 46 years. We were exhausted after a full day of magnificent sightseeing & needed a cocktail & some food ...we decided to stop at Denial. It drew my attention from the name & fun saying ---we knew we would enjoy.... Enjoy we did! a young man, Justin greeted us very warmly & lead us to a most delightful & serene patio where he proceeded to explain all about their food & beer list. It all sounded great; we ordered... promptly & pleasantly the food & drink appeared. Justin was fabulous... extremely pleasant....the food was outstanding!! He then took time to keep checking on us & to make sure we had what we wanted... ALL was sublime... absolutely delish & so very pleasant... we left after a wonderful afternoon.... refreshed, refueled & ready to begin again sightseeing in this amazing area of our wonderful country. All three of us extremely happy we chose such a marvelous spot with such outstanding service & food. We WILL return prior to our departure! A highlight of our vacation to be sure!! All will be more than happy they visit such an hospitable spot in Custer, SD

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We went here looking for a bite to eat with our dog. They have a patio in the back which was nice. Unfortunately that was the ONLY thing nice. The service was horrendous!!!! She brought the appetizer with two plates, one of which was dirty. I asked her for another plate but she forgot because she was chatting with her friends and after I asked again for a clean plate, she actually took the plate from underneath our appetizer and gave that to me. Clean enough. She had 3 tables but got my order wrong. Didn’t ask if we want more beverages either. I asked for a straw and she said she can’t get me one because of California. Two things: we’re not in California and her friends at the other table we’re allowed to use straws. All in all TERRIBLE and the food wasn’t that good either. Don’t go here.

Date of visit: September 2018
Mike D, Owner at Denial South Dakota, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

While it is very unfortunate that you had a bad experience and we are very sorry for it, today was an exceptional day. Everyone came in at once. It is unfortunate you could not see there was a lot more than 3 tables and only one waitstaff. You were apologized to for the dirty plate, your dog was given water and a treat. Most all other customers understood how busy we were and were appreciative of the efforts.

Been to Denial South Dakota? Share your experiences!