1,237 results
All reviews convention center great location french quarter outlet mall sliding door the river walk cruise terminal nice hotel within walking distance a great stay warehouse district front desk staff room service business trip short walk corner room enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I attended a conference just across the street in the convention center. Loved the room except for one major concern. The windows faced a large power plant with high voltage wires passing the windows. If you are concerned about the health effects of sleeping near high power electromagnetic fields, you may want to look elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank zachary p
Tremise W, Executive Assistant at Omni Riverfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback . We truly appreciate this information. Your stay being a great one is very important to us, and its great to know that yours was so enjoyable. Thank you again for your time and your feedback, and we would love to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

A surprising stay - we booked the spot to be close to a wedding, not realizing how fun that area of town can be! We normally stay in the French Quarter - and this is very close without the noise and debris! Nice rooms, incredible staff, great location for shopping, for walking over to the Quarter, for dining and sightseeing.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Sara B

Reviewed 22 April 2018

The best asset of the hotel is its proximity to the Convention Center which was our destination. We went to the desk on 3 days and asked for a hair dryer and a bathrobe and it was not delivered. The refrigerator froze what we put in it and asked to have the temperature raised: nothing was done. The check out person was rude. Many of the staff were polite and friendly, some were not. This place is definitely off our list.

Room tip: There seem to be many hotels in this area: I would try another one.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dbcof58

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate this information. We genuinely care about delivering memorable experiences to you. We truly apologize that something got in the way of that. This information has been shared with the proper departments in effort to improve on our service, and product. We sincerely thank you again for your time, your feedback, and most of all your help in this important continuous improvement effort.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Terrible customer service it's obvious they don't care if you stay with them or not! The material in their rooms are outdated. The restaurant closes early even though the material.in the room says otherwise. I would never recommend this place to anyone!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank dhyde449067
Tremise W, Executive Assistant at Omni Riverfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Two of my employees stayed at this property for a recent business trip. After spending the first night in the hotel, one of my employees woke up covered in bug bites- from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet. The bites were itchy and painful. She actually had to purchase new clothing- long sleeved shirts- to cover the bites on her arms as she attended the convention and achieved her business objectives for the trip. She reported the incident to the Operations Manager, and asked the room to be tested for bed bugs and asked to change rooms. She was moved to another room, and the hotel filed the attached report which unusually had a 1 minute duration. She did have a medical examination, and the diagnosis was scabies mites. She had never exhibited these symptoms before.

In my employee's interactions with he Operations Manager, my employee never once received an apology or acceptance of responsibility or offered any sort of recompense. In fact, the Operations Manager seemed to imply that my employee was not being truthful and that the bites were her own fault.

Upon learning of this incident, I contacted the office of the Chief HR Officer at Omni's Dallas Headquarters. I spoke to her Assistant Director, who was polite and took down my information. I then emailed a written complaint to the Chief HR Officer, copying the Assistant Director, as well as the CEO of the company. A few hours later, the General Manager of the New Orleans hotel called me. Instead of apologizing or asking to hear the story or offering any recompense, he took a very accusatory and hostile tone with me. He insisted that my employee could not have contracted bug bites at a hotel and very condescendingly asked me if I had medical knowledge of scabies mites. It was a very argumentative conversation that ended with me hanging up on him,

I travel frequently for business and leisure and have always trusted the Omni brand. After this experience, I will never stay at an Omni property again. Truly horrible!

• Trip type: Travelled on business