“OMG Good!”
Review of Johnny Sanchez

Johnny Sanchez
Reserve with OpenTable
Johnny Sanchez is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Johnny Sanchez is the inaugural restaurant collaboration of two old friends known for their world-class cuisine. John and Aaron, each of whom has been recognized with some of the culinary world's most coveted awards, met years ago when Aaron began his career in New Orleans, working for legendary chef Paul Prudhomme. Later, the chefs' paths crossed again while competing on the first season of Food Network's "Next Iron Chef." Since then, the two have become great friends and each has lit up the culinary scene by utilizing his unique talents and skills to entertain and educate the country about shared passions: food, drink, and hospitality. Now these world-renowned chefs have teamed to create Johnny Sanchez, a spirited taqueria offering the very best ingredients that are farmed and fished responsibly and locally. The two will collaborate on everything from the perfect tacos and tostadas, to the beer, wine, and cocktail list, to the decor and atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Guys, we went on a hunt to find some good grub and boy did we find it. We strolled in on a weekday and not even realizing they had Happy Hour which meant $2 tacos. $2 Tacos in a sit-down restaurant? Our taco truck taco's in California are that much and you have to stand in line with a bunch of flies before you get served your $2 tacos.

The most outstanding taco I have EVER eaten was the Meatball taco...I want to cry it was so good and because I don't have one in front of me right now. Thank you to the geniuses who created such an outstanding masterpiece of flavor.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We just reached New Orleans and were lookjng for a good resto that was still open. Went to look for pizza but they were so full they recommended we come here and it was amazing. Love the customer service, amazing nachos and the food ws good. I had an octopus and it taste great, it was in a small platter section yet the quantity was enough to be a full meal. My fiance had a burrito and it was really good too. Nice place to chill and dine.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I had the crawfish enchiladas and they are amazing. A neat Cajun twist on a Mexican dish. The chips and salsa are also great.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We came here for lunch on a Friday. My husband and I both had a margarita, typical margarita. We ordered the queso dip for our app, I didn’t want to stop eating it. Then we had the crawfish enchiladas, carne asada taco, and albondigas taco. All very good and would order again.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Decent spot for some cheap eats. The fish taco was good but the chicken was over cooked and to much sauce. The other ones were in between. If you are visiting, there is so many better places to get great food. However, very affordable and not totally awful. I would just say “meah...”. Nothing special.