AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon / French Quarter Area
  • Restaurant
US$221
US$208
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$217
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
US$231
US$254
US$299
US$267
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$198
  • Pool
Place d'Armes Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Grenoble House(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$125
  • Breakfast included
All reviewseuropean style hotelfrench quarterusb portshardwood floorsfront desk staffcanal streetlobby barcorner roomgreat bartwo blocksboutique hotelmardi grasgarden districtnolanetflixvaletmixologist
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location within walking distance to everything in the French Quarter.
Clean rooms. Note that interior rooms do not have windows and they provide a totally dark environment at night... great for sleeping in late.
Nice lounge and breakfast
Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Choose interior if you want total darkness to sleep in
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Seldom does the good treatment by a hotel to rectify a small issue offset the feeling you have when you arrive at a new place, 2am, and something (or somethings, small things however) arent right and you need to go back downstairs to sort. In this instance the GM or the chap who dealt with my concerns went to such an effort to make sure that what he could do was done and that I was made to feel super welcome. Sure, he compd me a drink and a brekky but there is more to hospitality than this (although of course appreciated) - both he and the staff were aware of the issues I had had with the room and went out of their way to ensure that I was happy. Such issues happen (one a silly but frustrating thing with the key, another with noise and vibration which did not recur, plus a large laptop and a small roomsafe) but these folk took ownership and sorted or tried to sort. Top marks to this guy and his team..

Room Tip: Interior ones are quiet but view is of another interior room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my second time staying at this specific AC property and my 4th overall AC stay. As with all of my stays...I was not disappointed. This is in a great location just off of Canal...there is a CVS on the corner if you forgot anything and a Starbucks 1 block away (2 things I always look for when traveling for work).

I love that the rooms have no carpet (always helpful if you have allergies), large vanities and walk in showers in the bathroom and a nice small refrigerator. As mentioned in other reviews, there are not any drawers and closets so if you are staying for an extended period you may find it difficult to live out of your luggage. There is a small area to hang clothes along with an ironing board.
The building itself is a little quirky (hallways can be a bit of a maze) and my room's window ended up looking out into the hallway. There are black out curtains that can be drawn for privacy and a lightbox to simulate day light. I was only staying 2 nights so it wasn't a big deal but I don't think I would have liked the room if I were staying any longer.

As with all AC hotels, I love the breakfast buffet...it has a Spanish tapas feel (AC hotels originated in Spain) so as noted you won't get "scrambled eggs and bacon" but you will get hard boiled eggs, freshly sliced iberico ham, turkey, brie/gouda cheese, warm egg tarts, delicious croissants and nutella along with lots of fruit.

This property has a nice happy hour from 4:00 - 7:00 with lots of 1/2 price drinks that many guests were taking advantage of.

There are of course MANY great restaurants in the immediate area (too many to list) but I really liked going over to the Little Gem Saloon to listen to some music. You can eat there as well but I just paid $10 for my advance ticket to listen to some great jazz. Kermit Ruffins plays here occasionally on Saturdays if you are a fan of his.

I will definitely consider coming back when I return to New Orleans in June for work!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is a mixed bag for me, so here are my thoughts.

1. The location is just about perfect. It's a very short walking distance to Bourbon Street. Some may prefer to stay "on" Bourbon Street but for me, I think that would be too loud/noisy so from a location perspective, this is perfect.

2. The staff have all been very nice and friendly, from check-in to check-out.

3. The rooms have a very weird design that some people may enjoy, I don't. To explain a little more, the bathroom door is a see-through (smoky) door. The toilet is square. The sink is not deep enough to get a water bottle underneath. There is no dresser so you just have to lay your clothes out on a table type piece of furniture. The floors are all this hardwood looking laminate product that has a hump in it right next to the bed. The room almost reminds me of a hospital room more than a hotel room. Also, my room smelled, I almost wondered if someone had smoked in it previously and they were trying to get out the smoke smell.

4. The breakfast, which was included in my rate, had better food than I thought it was going to be when I first walked in but it's not typical breakfast food (no eggs and bacon as an example). It was tasty though, just not a huge selection.

5. Also regarding breakfast, I asked for a diet coke, they don't have soft drinks which is weird for a restaurant but then I asked for a water and was brought what looked like basically a shot glass size glass of water that had more ice than water. It was weird and I left thirsty.

So I've struggled with how to rate this hotel, I do think if you like the style/design of it you probably love this hotel... however I don't like the style so therefore don't love the hotel. I was back and forth on whether to give it 3 or 4 stars and decided on 4 due to it's location, nice staff and the fact the beds were very comfortable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Upon first arriving we were placed in an inside room with no window. We asked if it was possible to move to a room with a window, they were more than happy to accommodate us. It was perfect walking distance to many attractions but far enough to enjoy a quiet nights sleep.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple