“Really good sandwiches”

Ranked #206 of 2,049 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Petite Amelie is the new extension to Cafe Amelie. Located steps away from the Cafe at the corner of Dumaine & Royal at 900 Royal, we specialize in "cuisine rapide", with fresh salads and juices, sandwiches, and a fresh foods market. Petite Amelie will be open for indoor seating as well as takeaway and gourmet picnic-style fare.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I split two sanwiches and both were delicious. We had a Cubano and the garlic Chicken...perfect lunch and added a spinach health drink which gave us a spark to continue day-drinking:)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoyed a delicious dinner here for the first time. The food was well-prepared and the wine plentiful.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very friendly atmosphere and very, very friendly, courteous and helpful staff, good selection of coffees and other breakfast type beverages as well as all kinds of pastries.. Excellent and VERY clean restroom for the quarter. The pastries were fresh, light and a real value. This place will be a permanent stopping place if you visit once.

1  Thank dudley010
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I have NEVER had such wonderful tomatoe bisque!(It was $8 a bowl) I saw the ladies next to me getting HUGE salads at $12 & huge grilled cheese sandwiches $8. The bowl of gumbo $8 was very good too(although I didn't see any crackers available). There was free self serve water & you didn't have to tip. Just order at the counter & then take a seat. This place had great food & good size portions for the FQ. The bathroom was very nice as well. I DO rec this place! I'll be back

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick and small lunch. The guy who took our order was rude and pretentious. Yes, I understand that people from New Orleans have their own way of pronouncing words but you don't have to correct everything I say. When we asked questions about the daily sandwich specials he informed us that every sandwich is made fresh daily. Well thanks, but which one is the special of the day?! I ended up with soup for my daughter, the tchoup salad for myself, and a lemonade for $27. They did offer free cucumber water when I requested water. The salad was fresh but the gumbo was not good. It tasted like it came from a can. All in all, I would not recommend this place to any of my friends.

1  Thank wxgirl858