“Last meal before flight home = excellent”

Joey K's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #110 of 2,049 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$25 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Used my handy tripadvisor app to find this awesome lunch spot. Took the trolley straight down St. Charles, got off at third, walked past The Commodore across from a cool old cemetery. The wait for the Commodore was 2 hours and we were too hungry to wait so I looked up on the app and found Joey K's.

Repeating the same messages below - we over ordered on purpose because we wanted to try a wide variety. The Eggplant Napolean is unique and delicious. fried eggplant with a crawfish/shrimp cream sauce. Tried the red beans and rice and they were perfect. Also ordered the kids catfish just to try and they were perfectly battered sweet and delicious. My wife ordered the chicken sandwich was she siad was good and she really liked the naploen and the catfish as well.

Laslty, I ordered a corn and crawfish soup/gumbo and it was good but I had eaten too much and can not judge because I was too full.

Highly recommend stopping at Joey K's I will go back when in town.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were walking down a side street and one of the locals started talking to us. We mentioned we were planning to try another place on Magazine for lunch and he recommended that we try Joey K's instead. We shared the Shrimp Magazine with some drinks and fell in love immediately. We went back for another round of the Shrimp Magazine and thought about a third! It does get very busy so be prepared to wait.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped in here as we were walking around the Garden District. The meal portions are large and we all enjoyed our food. The staff were friendly and prompt with service.
I had the Beef Debris Po Boy, it was the first one I've ever eaten, so I had nothing to compare it to, but it was sure was yummy!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We randomly walked in this restaurant and had some late lunch. The eggplant napoleon is amazing! Must try.
Turns out this dish was also featured on Diners drives in and Dives.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

This place may have the best onion rings I have ever tasted and the portion is huge. But this one dish is not enough to make the meal great. The "Chicken Fried Steak" was tender and tasty, but it was not a steak, it was chicken or veal. The fried chicken was crispy and juicy, but nothing special. And what really killed this meal were the sides. The green beans were out of a can and not very flavourful. The mashed potatoes were very creamy but lukewarm. And the cheese sauce in the Mac and Cheese had separated leaving a puddle of grease in the bottom of the bowl. Overall it was an OK experience but we would not go back.