“"Established in 1938..."”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Warehouse/Central Business District
Description: Authentic N'Awlins home-style cooking since 1938. The Amato family welcomes you for a taste of tradition.Home of award-winning Jambalaya, the famous Ferdi Special, and the original debris-laden roast beef.Private room for parties, rehearsal dinners and special events.
Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

...whenever an eating establishment exists over such a significant period of time, one can make assumptions about the heritage that prevails from all of those moments gathered along the way. Mother's is no exception, from the military style order implemented to corral the patrons as you wait outside, to the system for taking and executing your order, to the rich and colorful history surrounding the dining experience. All of this is present as you enjoy a quality of food, and respect for nearly eight decades of knowing how to feed people well. There's no way to visit every landmark eatery in the crescent city...for me this was a must!

Write a reviewReviews (8,573)

Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

Not for the upscale ratters. Service is good and the servers are surly. We had the egg and black ham. The ham and biscuits are great.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

This was my second time here and I was worried it wasn't going to as good as I remembered or too touristy. Nope. It was delicious. I got the Ferdi's Special and my bestie got the fried shrimp po'boy. Best bread we had all trip.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

This came highly recommended by locals. Too crowded. Ordering reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with the soup nazi. Food was so so. Only positive checking it of New Orleans bucket list

Reviewed 25 April 2015

What a cool place to have a meal. We ate breakfast there and I really enjoyed my breakfast. The others with me didn't like the fact that the eggs were swimming in butter but since I am allergic to eggs, it didn't bother me. There are so many cool signs on the walls and the wait staff were so nice and friendly. I would highly recommend getting there early as it fills up very quickly. It was a lot of fun!

Date of visit: March 2015