“Sub-par food”
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #39 of 2,082 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

My friends and I dined at Commander’s to celebrate ended our birthdays (all in April). We have had many fine meals there in the past. On this occasion the recommended fish meal was a very small portion and lacked any taste. The salads that were supposed to have heirloom tomatoes instead had tasteless grape tomatoes.

Service was excellent as usual.

Sam F, Manager at Commander's Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for visiting Commander's Palace and for taking the time to write a review. We take our guests' feedback very seriously, and we are so sorry to hear that your experience was subpar. We strive to provide the best overall dining experience for all of our guests, and we are so sorry to hear that we failed you in that regard. On the other hand, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our service! Thank you again for visiting Commander's Palace. If you are back in town and would like to give us another try - maybe for Jazz Brunch? - please contact me at sam@commanderspalace.com.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,284)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

This is such a famous establishment, we had to come here for the experience! The food was great, but we definitely had better meals in New Orleans. The atmosphere and history were worth it though! Such a gorgeous restaurant! Excellent service as well!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The service and atmosphere are an Old South Fine Dining experience with exceptional food. I spotted the fresh strawberry short cake as we were escorted through the kitchen to our table in a beautiful dining room.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We had eaten here last year & I thought it was very good. This time - it was incredible...

Great atmosphere & wait staff. You are constantly pampered for all your food & drink needs with excellent recommendations in both areas.

We ordered the 3 course meal.

Turtle soup appetizer was A+ delicious. Then, stuffed quail for myself & BBQ Shrimp for my wife. Quail was perfectly prepared and exquisite to the last bite. BBQ Shrimp was also tasty with very nice portion.

However - the best part of the meal is the world famous Bread Pudding Souffle. I am not a big bread pudding fan but this will make even the "no dessert for me" patron salivate with envy. When you go here, do not pass on this dessert.

Bon Appetite till the next time I get to visit New Orleans

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My friends and I had a lovely lunch here. Janet, our server, was wonderful. Everyone who works here is friendly and helpful. And the food--exquisite. I highly recommend the experience.