1,029 results
All reviews uw hospital shuttle service inn towner free shuttle within miles breakfast buffet great place to stay badger game bed was very comfortable camp randall clean rooms convenient location staff was friendly state street surgery transplant campus
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Within 4 blocks of hospital.....with free transport available (did not use)...clean....friendly staff...nice rooms....would be a great place to stay even if not using on hospital stay. UW hospital system also gives a reduced rate for stay....check into it if using with a hospital stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Andy S, Front Office Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate the kind words about the hotel and our staff. Our location is ideal for anyone in town for the UW and VA hospital systems and it is always a pleasure to house guests who are in town visiting either of these fine institutions.

Andy S

Reviewed 3 November 2016

When we first told people that we were having our wedding at the Best Western Plus InnTowner in Madison, some of them were sceptical. However, the InnTowner is NOT your average Best Western! All of the banquet staff went above and beyond, exceeding our expectations. As a same-sex couple, we needed to be sure that the hotel we chose was accepting and respectful, and the InnTowner has supported the LGBTQ population in Madison for years. We held our ceremony in one of the smaller rooms, which was set up and we decorated, while the reception was held in the large ballroom. Everything was perfect, from the table settings to the bartending. Our guests raved about the buffet, which included fresh steamed vegetables, chicken marsala, vegetarian lasagna, and roasted prime rib. Lauren, the Banquet Coordinator, went above her call of duty helping out with logistics; she even dismissed rows after our ceremony and delivered our gifts to our suite (which was included in the package!). When she saw that a table skirt has a stain on it--right before guests started to arrive--she swapped out the skirt for a clean one! It’s that type of attention to detail that really makes Lauren a special addition to the InnTowner team. In retrospect, from enjoying the pool to having close friends and family down the hall, we are so happy we chose the Best Western Plus InnTowner. Considering the great price and the superb job everyone did, we couldn’t have asked for a better venue to host our ceremony and reception!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 November 2016

Thank you so so much!! We were delighted to have your wedding here and are happy you chose us! I feel blessed that I could be there to help on your special day. Everything was so beautifully decorated and each detail was carefully thought out and showed how you are as a couple. From the tiny airplanes and suitcases to the funny table numbers it was an amazing day! I wish you both nothing but the best!! :)

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Great Hotel and friendly service, especially by William the bartender. Able to walk to Camp Randall for the football game. Shuttle service to State Street and bus service to football game. Friendly and accommodating staff.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Andy S, Front Office Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Jay T,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this past football weekend. It is always a pleasure to house such a pleasant group of fans. Thank you for the kind words about our staff. We hope that the next time you are in town that you decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

I was very pleased with my stay at the Inntowner, with one major exception. The in-room WiFi was terrible. I had to go to the lobby area to get a good enough signal to get my work done, and my son had a difficult time doing his school work.

Room was comfortable, the breakfast was good and we had appetizers in the bar that were also good. The bartender was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
RebeccaW2424, Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear michaelsX3465IK,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very glad that you both enjoyed the comfortable guestroom, complimentary breakfast, and appetizers as well as the hospitality of our awesome bartenders! Our team appreciates your feedback regarding the WiFi that you and your son encountered. We hope to see you at the InnTowner again in the near future!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

I had reservations for a wheelchair accessible room at the Best Western Plus InnTowner Hotel Sept. 21 and 22, 2016. I was appalled to find the bathroom was in now way wheelchair accessible. Grab bars are installed around the toilet that are BLOCK access to the toilet for a person who uses a wheelchair 100% of the time and cannot stand, as in my case.

The only way a person in a wheelchair could use that toilet was to sit sideways with one leg thru the bar and the other leg on the other side of the bar. The bars on either side of the front of the toilet that go down to the sides prevent a wheelchair from getting close enough.

The door to the bathroom opens inward and covers most of the shower area, actually hitting the seat and not allowing space between it and the bars around the toilet to permit access.

I was not able to use the shower, and even worse, I had to go downstairs to the public area to use the toilet, this is totally unacceptable and not in compliance with ADA regulations.

I was unable to find another hotel with a wheelchair accessible room. It was Parents' Weekend at the University and all hotels I called had no openings.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 1 November 2016

Dear biglo6858
I completely understand your frustration with the facilities. In 1980 the guidelines were certainly different than today and we are committed to changing that. We are currently in the planning stages of a complete alteration of our first floor, combining two rooms into one. We are anticipating making 16 rooms into 8 completely accessible suites. We are also adding sliding doors to the existing rooms with roll-in showers this winter. I know that doesn’t help you today and we sincerely apologize. As a side note, the bars were added to help not hinder. As you’ve mentioned though, one size doesn’t fit all. We will definitely work this issue, as you describe, into the plan. Thank you for the note. Warm Regards