Lowest prices for your stay
US$78
Hotels.com
US$78
PricelineUS$78
FindHotelUS$78
ZenHotels.com
All reviews parking garage is frosted glass sliding door cafe hollander hilldale mall night light uw campus standard fare great dane one bedroom suite front desk hotel is beautiful shopping and restaurants breakfast area would definitely stay here again walking distance close to downtown easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2021

Stayed here twice in October. My family lives nearby and so instead of staying downtown (parking issues and often expensive) or far west side (boring suburban areas), this new hotel is a great option. Breakfast is a simple grab n go but does offer a hot sandwich, which now after staying about 12 nights in hotels during Covid, I know that's lucky. Many places only offer yogurt and a packaged muffin.
Rooms are pretty spacious, though as a Platinum I don't think I ever got any upgrade (maybe there aren't larger suites anyway?)
Location is next to both a large Target AND a large shopping mall. Walgreens a couple blocks away. Super!
The only issue is that parking there should be free. I am from Madison, there is no way parking should cost $10-15 a night. We parked on the street nearby for free. They say it's more secure but of course I'm sure there are signs up saying they're not responsible for your stuff anyway, so how secure is that?
That said, if it's under $100 I would stay again!

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

This was our first stay in a hotel since the pandemic began and I am absolutely impressed by this property. First and foremost, Ashley Morrow, the GM, is wonderful. She explained all precautions and how things had changed from our previous stays. She greets us every time we come off the elevator and checks on any needs we have. I can’t say enough positive things about her. Also, they way they have changed their breakfast is great. Everything is “to go” and packaged up for you. The room is clean, the pool area limited to 10 and is very nice (water is a bit on the chilly side and is literally the only complaint I can find) and the public areas are very nice. Everyone in the hotel was respectful of wearing masks and distancing. We will be staying exclusively at this property for the foreseeable future and will make the trip every couple months.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2020

Us and our guests just stayed at the SpringHill Suites for our recent wedding and we could not have had a better experience. Everything went off without a hitch. The rooms were brand new, nice, and clean. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was incredibly helpful, especially Amanda. All of our family from out of town had similar things to say and everything was done to perfection. We will gladly be back and would highly recommend this hotel. If you are planning an event, such as a wedding block, we would definitely recommend working with Amanda!

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 10 November 2020

We’ve been traveling to Madison for almost 3 years, having to go to the UW Hospital for treatment. Generally we stayed at another nearby hotel. We watched the hotel being built and always wanted to stay. This time around we pulled the trigger. Glad we did!! We had great service, room was spotless, staff was great. The GM, Ashely was wonderful and treated us great! We booked our next stay and added another night just to relax!

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

First things first, it’s COVID season and if you’re like me, the first thing I look for in hotel reviews is if the place was clean or not. The Springhill Suites was absolutely sparkling! From the parking ramp, to the lobby, elevators, breakfast area, pool, and the room, everything was spotless. Staff and guests were all wearing masks and plenty of tastefully places signs were there to remind you to mask up. Hand sanitizer was located in key areas.

Ok, moving on from COVID, the hotel was beautiful for a “non-flagship” Marriott. I had never stayed in a Springhill Suites before but am fairly well traveled to Marriott and JW Marriott properties. I would have to say that this one would hold its own with some of those higher tier brands. Really well done from the decor, choice of materials, plenty of open space, and lots of great lighting. It really did make you feel like you were in a higher tier property.

Our room, like I mentioned earlier was spotless. The housekeeping staff really did a great job making you feel safe and comfortable by creating a very clean suite. We chose one of the “larger” suites that faced downtown and the capital. It had a large kitchen area with a microwave, full-size fridge, and dishwasher. It didn’t come with any plates, etc. but my guess is that this is because of the pandemic. There were more cabinets, for storage, than we knew what to do with. The living room area, connected to the kitchen had a pull out couch with a very comfortable mattress, TV, desk and desk chair. Nice feature of the TV, like most Marriott’s, is the ability to log into your own Netflix account. My only suggestion for this area is that they could have used another chair for the counters in the kitchen (there was only one) and that the space was so big that they could have used and armchair to go with the couch. Another nice feature of this room (733) was that it was on a corner so we had windows looking out in two directions. Windows provided tons of natural light. Our kids said they slept great on the pullout.

The bedroom was very comfortable with wonderful down feather pillows, a very comfortable mattress and plenty of storage in drawers and a closet. My wife and I slept very well!

The bathroom attached to the bedroom was separated with a sliding frosted glass door. Shower, sink, and toilet were very clean and you have plenty of room to get ready in the morning. Paul Mitchell bath products and enough towels for three people, so you may need to ask for more if you have more than that staying in the room.

The hotel is located next to a upper end shopping area called Hillsdale. It has a number of nice restaurants, coffee and tea shops as well as a Target and grocery store. No need to drive away where for lunch or dinner and the hotel provides a nice hot breakfast. Great location!

Last but not least is the staff. The staff were phenomenal! From the helpful people at the front desk that you could tell were smiling under their masks to the bar tender saying, “hello” everyone was really fantastic. A couple examples of of great service was from the person who, even though I showed up 20 minutes late for breakfast, still offered to warm up a sandwich and grab some other items for me. She wouldn’t have had to as it was my fault for missing the end of breakfast, but she did so with making it not feel like a big deal. Thank you! The other example of great service was the front desk person who saw that I had my hands full with coffee and insisted in helping to open the elevator and press the number to my floor for me. Again, she didn’t need to do that but it’s the extra things that turn a good experience into a great experience.

Overall, one of our favorite hotels we’ve stayed at and we’ll definitely stay here again the next time we’re in Madison. Well done!

Date of stay: September 2020