Lowest prices for your stay
US$121
US$74
ZenHotels.com
TravelocityUS$121
PricelineUS$75
All reviews beautiful resort star resort jungle bali surroundings valley
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I am a travel writer and have visited more wellness retreats than I can count, but Bagus Jati will go down as one of the most memorable, impressive experiences of my career. When planning my trip to Bali, I researched my options ruthlessly. With so many yoga retreats and eco resorts to choose from, it seemed like finding the best would be a crapshoot. But when I finally arrived in the lobby of Bagus Jati Health and Wellbeing Resort in Tegalalang, I applauded my research skills for a job well done.

The property, complete with luxurious wooden villas and manicured gardens layered on the side of the canyon wall, is a visual masterpiece. A picture beyond anything I could have painted in my mind. The natural beauty of Bagus Jati is surpassed only by the kindness and attentiveness of their staff. Everyone, from the gardeners to the wait staff, wear a beaming smile, a staple of Balinese hospitality.

I came here for silence, serenity, a place where I could sit with my thoughts and nurture my body with healthy food, daily yoga and meditation. I came for the clean air, the healing vegetation that surrounded me. This piece of land, all 5 hectares of it, isn’t scarred by the concrete lacerations of the city. No brown fields, strip malls or cinemas to fill the time. The intermittent thunderstorms provide enough entertainment.

Bagus Jati offers its guests eco-friendly, guilt-free luxury. They balance comfort with environmental responsibility in a subtle and resourceful way. Electric golf carts whisk guests between the dining hall and the spa. Cool evening breezes provide a perfect substitute for the raw harshness of climate control.

And the food, abundant and delicious, is sourced from the gardens on the property and the neighbouring village. Even the lettuce garden sits within eye-site of the dining room bringing a whole new meaning to the term “sourced locally”.

If you thought Ubud was the place to be, I will challenge you to think outside the box. Sure, the streets of Ubud feel like a bohemian utopia compared to the bustling, overcrowded Denpasar. But the deeper you venture into the heart of this island, the more it becomes apparent that there is something quite profound about what lies in the countryside.

I arrived feeling jaded and worn, and I leave here today feeling physically and spiritually renewed. When I reflect on the past nine days, I was reconnected with my inner goodness, an ode to my uncorrupted self. Hopefully I can sustain the feeling of bliss until my next visit.

1  Thank L N
PuriBagusVilla, Puri Bagus Management at Bagus Jati Health & Wellbeing Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear Lindsay N,

Warmest Greetings from Bagus Jati Health and Well-being Retreat!

It is such an honor to read your recent stay experiences at our resort. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our service and facilities such as the hotel’s surrounding, the ambience, the food and the activities we offered. High appreciate for all your positive feedback and all detail about Bagus Jati.

Thank you for sharing your special occasion with us and behalf of Bagus Jati’s family we look forward to welcoming you back at Bagus Jati Health and Well-being Retreat.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Saw a photo of the Bagus Jati swimming pool in a magazine years ago and this place has been on my travel wishlist ever since.
We stayed here for 3 nights and didn't want to leave. On arrival we were upgraded from a superior villa to spa villa #106. It had an amazing 180º view on the enchanted valley. It's also the spa villa closest to the spa, pool and yoga/meditation studio.
It's so peaceful and quiet at Bagus Jati, the perfect place to unwind. The scenery is stunning and the resort grounds are beautiful.

Yoga with Qu and meditation with Wayan was great. Learnt a lot from them. The yoga/meditation studio is amazing. Everything opened up with a view on the jungle. Birds flying in and out during your session, it's easy to become one with nature here.

We did the nature walk with Dewa. Besides showing us the plants and trees at the resort and neighbouring farms, he also took us to his home and met his family. Great experience.

Food at the restaurant is delicious, all of it.

Resort staff was lovely, big smiles all the time. I really liked the fact that Yuki, the resort manager, personally welcomed us on arrival. She didn't introduce herself as such, I only found out later that she was the resort manager when I was reading the hotel directory. Nice personal touch. On departure she was there again to say goodbye.
Spa staff is very good. I had an amazing massage with Adi. The view from most of the treatment rooms is amazing.
The staff member who helped us with our bags when we unfortunately had to leave, kept waving at our taxi until we were around the corner. Bagus jati staff are very friendly and warm people. Will definitely come back some day!!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PuriBagusVilla, Puri Bagus Management at Bagus Jati Health & Wellbeing Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear Kim094

Warmest Greetings from Bagus Jati Health and Wellbeing Retreat!

It is a pleasure to read your TripAdvisor review, thank you for having the time to write some comment and sharing your recent stay experience at our resort.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our facilities such as the rooms, spa, food and hotel’s landscape. High appreciate for your special highlight to our colleagues Mr. Wayan, Mr. Dewa, Ms. Yuki as well Mr. Adi have made your stay flawless and unforgettable. The entire of our resort's team always strive to create beautiful and memorable memories for our valuable guests like you.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali.

Sincerely

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved my 4 night Health Spa package stay. The spa treatments were divine I also tried the Ayurvedic treatment as an extra... highly recommended. Food was delicious especially the Balinese duck. The only disappointing part was the room, booked a deluxe spa room but could hardly have any of my treatments done in there, just take the Superior room if you're taking the spa packages.
Location is amazing, you're in the middle of the jungle so peaceful and serene the website photos don't do it justice.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Was initially weird about going on holidays for a few days alone ahead of my husband arriving but I really did want a few days just relaxing without worrying about anyone or anything. And that's exactly what I got. It was absolutely blissful being at Bagus Jati for the 3 day new start package. What I liked about Bagus Jati was you didn't need to start the retreat on a certain day but it was more than just a hotel in the jungle. You could do a lot or nothing at all. I choose the package which had 2 spa treatments, Balinese cooking class, choice of jungle trek or village cycling and of course breakfast. I had an awful journey to Bali with 4 hour delays but arriving on the grounds after the 2 hour drive already eased my stress. It was dark when I arrived and couldn't wait to wake to see the jungle views. It was magical. The storm overnight and rain in the morning meant a magical misty morning. Breakfasts were lovely with al la carte options and then buffets the next 2 days. Made some lovely friends in the cooking class and we also enjoyed the village cycle then next day. Dinners were a option of two mains but a soup and dessert also. It is a health retreat but you can enjoy a cocktail or cheeky dessert if you want. It's a mix of friend groups, solo's and couples mostly. I didn't partake in the morning yoga instead enjoying a tea on my balcony and sleepin but I did try the meditation. Unfortunately i didn't enjoy the teacher but the yoga room itself with glass all open to the jungle was fab. Spa treatments were divine and having since had one in my plush Seminyak hotel I think the Bagus Jati ones were way better.
I don't often desperately want to go anywhere but here I do. It's a magical place with villas terraced into the hillside set amongst beautiful gardens. The rooms are massive with a giant bed, large spa and shower, and the balcony with views across the valley and jungle. Go there!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Dee_Kiss
PuriBagusVilla, Puri Bagus Management at Bagus Jati Health & Wellbeing Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Dear Dee_Kiss

Greetings from Bagus Jati Health and Well-being Retreat!

On behalf of Bagus Jati team, thank you for staying with us during your special occasion in Bali!
We are thrilled to know how much you enjoye your stay, thank you for your positive feedback in regards the landscape, the breakfast and the activities that offered by Bagus Jati. Glad to know that our facilities and services provided by our team could pamper and made your stay unforgettable one. Your valuable comment is a precious feedback for us to always be a better resort and well-being retreat for all of our valuable guest.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali.

Sincerely

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

There was nothing about Bagus Jati that I didn't love! I was there as a participant in a women's retreat, and the sponsors could not have chosen a more perfect setting. I particularly appreciated the luxuriously appointed villa with its amazing view, the excellent spa treatments, the delicious food, the incredible attention to every beautiful detail, the splendor of the jungle valley setting, and the sweet, courteous and attentive staff. From my refreshing welcome drink to my final golf cart ride back to the reception with my luggage, my stay at Bagus Jati was one peaceful and perfect moment followed by another. Thank you to the staff for making my stay as wonderful a vacation as any I have experienced.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Arlakaleli,

Greetings from Bagus Jati Health and Well-being Retreat

Thank you so much for sharing your recent stay experience at our resort, we were delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay at Bagus Jati! We appreciate your wonderful feedback in regards the villa, the spa, the food, and for the facilities and services that provided by our team. We are glad to read that our team could pamper and made your stay more memorable.
Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back at Bagus Jati Health and Well-being Retreat.

Kind regards