All reviewsgong restaurantbedroom villathree bedroomvilla breakfastopen air bathrooms arebalinese cooking classprivate poolseminyak areapool towelsmini fridgerelaxing areabutler serviceoffer freeunique designoutdoor bathtubbirthday surprisepaddy fields
Reviewed 8 November 2016

If you are looking for a private villa and with the advantages of a hotel The Santai is for you. The Santai is just outside Seminyak in the middle of the rise fields. Each villa is completely private and you will hardly see any other guests. The hotel has a cozy restaurant where they serve a healthy breakfast but you can also choose to let it serve to your room. The room holds a fully equipped kitchen and living room as well.
We stayed at a 2 bedroom villa but they also have 3 bedroom villas available. Perfect if you have a bigger family or staying with friends. The area around the resort is very quiet and they offer a free taxi service to any restaurant you want to go to. If you have time take a cooking class which comes to your own villa. It's so much fun!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Yunus I, Operations Manager at The Santai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Yvon_Amsterdam,

I wish to thank you for taking the time posting a great review about The Santai on Trip Advisor upon your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time and that you love the privacy of your 2 bedroom villa with the quietness and relaxing ambiance. For our guest’s convenience, we are happy to provide complimentary drop off and pick up service from and to Seminyak area as the central of shopping and dining options which only around 10 to 15 minutes away.

Thank you for your highlight with the cooking class experience, we are happy that you enjoyed and had much fun.

We do hope that you will return soon for another amazing experience at The Santai.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

Great service and appreciate the serenity and tranquility The Santai at Umalas provided. Walked into a 2 bedroom villa and was shocked and surprised to see a large pool in the centre of the villa. Perfect for families and groups of friends. What amazed me was the light setting in the pool which changes from time to time during the night, creating an ambience. Also, they've provided floats which made staying even more fun!

I signed up for the cooking class and definitely learnt a thing or two about cooking Balinese dishes. The chefs were helpful and the food was fantastic! Additionally, I enjoyed the fact that I could order my breakfast in and enjoyed the villa which makes my weekend nothing short of awesome.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear pashedpotato,

I wish to thank you for choosing The Santai and sharing your amazing experience staying with us on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you were very happy with the excellent services from our staff and the wonderful facilities especially with the large swimming pool in the privacy of your villa which completed with beautiful lighting and floaties.

I will pass your wonderful feedback with regards to the fantastic food and the enjoyable Balinese food cooking class to our chef, I am sure this will motivate the culinary team to keep up their great work and keep striving for excellence.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your return for another amazing experience in the nearest future.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Nice villa with best service from the santai team.
You can get welcome drink assorted petit four and assorted canape after check in.
The breakfast menu are delish.
The pool is superb!!!!
definitely will come back

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Yunus I, Operations Manager at The Santai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Dear Claudia S,

I wish to thank you for your beautiful review about The Santai on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and had a wonderful experience from the time you arrived offered with refreshment, the great food from breakfast and the large beautiful swimming pool.

Kindly do let me know through my email at isnaini.yunus@thesantai.com for your future stay, I will be most happy to assist you with the reservation.

We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

I was on a recent trip to Bali with a big group of friends and we stayed in a 3BR villa at the Santai. All of the bedrooms were very large and equal in size, only the bathrooms varied in layout and size. Since we were traveling with all adults, there were no awkward moments trying to figure out who got what room and dividing everything up was very fair. Whenever I stay at a hotel, I try to notice the stand out details that make it different or unique. At the Santai I loved the incredibly tall ceilings in our room, of course our enormous private pool, and the use of all the outdoor areas like our kitchen, waterfall shower, and the hotel lobby.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Yunus I, Operations Manager at The Santai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Dear Michelle R,

I wish to thank you for choosing The Santai as your holiday destination and for the great review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to learn that you and your friends loved the stay very much especially with spacious beautiful designed of your 3 bedrooms villa with the big private swimming pool which also equipped with full set of kitchen and the wonderful and unique design of the resort.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the nearest future.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

It's a quiet oasis in the middle of a bustling neighborhood. You'll find silence and serenity in your villa, but the opportunity to mingle with locals is only a few steps away.

Equipped with a beautiful private pool, outdoor kitchen and living room areas, and outdoor waterfall showers in all three bathrooms, there are plenty of beautiful photos to be had.

The Santai also provided us with a Balinese cooking class, where we made an entire 5-course meal with the help of our private chef. It's worthy of note that all Lifestyle Retreats properties have amazing gourmet fare, even straight off the room service menu. I've honestly never experienced anything like it from a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Dear eugeniegrey,

I wish to thank you for your wonderful review about The Santai on Trip Advisor upon your recent stay, we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed all the facilities and services.

Thank you for your great feedback with regards to the cooking class experience and the amazing dining menu option, we are most happy that these are all have exceeded your expectation.

Nestled in a quiet neighborhood surrounded by rice paddies field, The Santai is a perfect destination to have a lazy and relaxing time enjoying the serenity and leaving with a fresh rejuvenated body and soul.

Thank you once again for choosing The Santai, we look forward to your return for another relaxing experience soon.