All reviews japanese wreck the owner great diving views are stunning sunset cruise huge bed restaurant area fishing village four poster bed private terrace liberty wreck beautiful room bedroom villa real bali lovely pool amazing place infinity pool
Reviewed 10 January 2017

We arrived from Sanur which took just over 4 hours. We were told by Donna it was a 2 hour trip.
We needed to wait for our room to be ready when we arrived.
The room had beautiful views but that is about it.
It rains everyday and the whole place and village feels damp.
It is not in walking distance to anything really except the snorkelling out the front at the Japanese ship wreck. This is why we booked the place, however no one could tell us about the ship wreck and can't find any history about it. The snorkelling was lovely.
We had food delivered to our room but plates are never collected so this attracted many flies which was awful.
When we wanted help or asked questions to the staff they speak in English and then Indonesian ( about us). We did not feel welcome at all.
We returned from a walk and water was running out of the light in our bathroom and the manager just said to use candles. We did not feel safe and could not wait to leave. The power kept going out as well. The air con was loud at night.
Our daughter was sick and could not access medical help except for a local nurse which gave us some medication.
The parents room and kids room is separated by an open air living room. We had to lock the children in each night as anyone could walk in. There is literally no door to the villa. We would never return here. We never met Donna. The were never any Balinese dancers at night. Also there was something in the roof which sounded like monkeys. The man hole was open so we guess they got up there. It was terrible. Many leaks in the roof in the bathroom.

Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank anne J
Reviewed 9 January 2017

This was our third visit to Baliku .. another wonderful stay.. Food Wonderful ( as usual ) and such a wonderful .variety ..Same staff and still all Amazing .. so kind friendly welcoming ..My husband dived for 8 days straight..came back with huge smile every time.
I read relaxed ..swam in the pool and savoured the scenery .one direction amazing mountain views.. other direction sea and beautiful skies ..Love the Baliku .. Love the Staff... Serenity .. Views ..Food ..once again .Extremely happy with our decision to stay at Baliku

Room tip: they are all good .. all have amazing views ..
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I chose Baliku for a romantic getaway with my Fiance.

We reveled in the serenity of Baliku, indulged in all the culinary delights that Baliku offers and slowly but surely made our way through the cocktail menu.
We made the most of candlelit dinners on our terrace and thoroughly enjoyed meals in the restaurant chatting with new found friends.

I cannot recommend Baliku highly enough. Huge thanks to Donna and her wonderful team.
We will definitely return.

(Stayed Nov. 16)

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 November 2016

We stayed here for just one night, and I would not have wanted to stay longer. We booked this hotel because we wanted to dive with the hotel dive shop, and because it is right across the street from the Japanese wreck. But other than that, I would say this place is fine but not outstanding. I found my emails with Donna extremely frustrating, as was everything related to payment. The room smelled bad, and just didn't feel comfortable (though it wasn't dirty). The hotel is not walkable into town. I don't expect to find myself in Amed again, but if I did I would honestly look somewhere else.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2016

This was our first visit to Amed and we are certainly not disappointed.
What a beautiful coast line, lots of small village and last but not least, a very good diving Center.
Baliku Dive Resorts was the perfect choice for us, since our two boys should learn to dive.
The combination, staying at the Resort and having the dive Center on the same location worked very well.
Baliku Resort is a nice place to relax and join the beautiful view from, nice and friendly personal and best food in town.
Baliku dive Center = Safety
We can warmly recommend Nico and his team. At none point we felt unsure, unsafe or uncomfortable in the process to educate two boys (11 and 15 year) how to dive.
The Team is professional and is not lacking on any rules or regulation.
Next step for our family is to go back in December 2016 and educate mum and big sister.
That says all