“Great accommodations and perfect location”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Baskins Creek 402

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Nicole B
Gainesville, Florida
“Great accommodations and perfect location”
Reviewed 25 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My husband, children, mother, and I stayed 9 nights through the Christmas holiday in unit 109. I highly recommend staying in an odd numbered room. The odd numbered rooms have a mountain view as opposed to a city view or view of a hotel directly across the street from the resort. The location was perfect for walking to and from the main street in Gatlinburg where lots of shopping and dining are located. My mother and I who are NOT avid hikers enjoyed being able to walk up hill from the resort and then down hill on the way back. There is a short uphill hike back to the resort, but it is not strenuous. The resort is also in close proximity to my family's favorite breakfast restaurant, The Pankcake Pantry.

As for the accommodations, the unit was clean and beautifully decorated. The master bedroom was generously sized with an in room Jacuzzi tub. The master bathroom housed double sinks, a shower, the mandatory commode, and a closet with a tiered washer and dryer unit. Again, I can't emphasize the beauty of the décor. The second bedroom had two beds. I can't recall if they were full or queen size, but my family had no complaints. The second bathroom was had a shower/tub combination, a double sink, and commode. The closet could have been larger considering the second closet in the room housed the air conditioning unit. On the downside, my husband and I found out that the master bedroom door lock was broken and offered no privacy. It remained broken for the duration of our stay at the resort.

The kitchen was well apportioned and easy to maneuver through while preparing meals. The dining room was large enough to accommodate my family and our large meals. There was ample cookware, dinnerware, drink ware, cutlery, and utensils. The measuring cup was cracked, but was quickly replaced when brought to the attention of the hotel staff. It would have been nice to have had a crockpot, but I realize this is a vacation resort and a home.

The balcony was a welcome retreat with soothing artificial and natural lighting. There were about 4 comfortable chairs with a couple of tables interspersed on the large covered sanctuary.

There were three televisions. A medium sized flatscreen in the second bedroom, a CRT screen in the master bedroom armoire, and a large flatscreen in the living room. The living room also house a very comfortable convertible sofa bed and loveseat with ample accent pillows. I will fully admit that I am a picky person, and I was satisfied with the accommodations.

I must say that I did not appreciate that the resort did not have a recycling system implemented during our stay. Additionally, there were several days where the garbage bins were overflowing in the parking lot. On the day we checked out of the resort I finally located a garbage dumpster. I believe it would have been beneficial to have the dumpster moved to a more central area for guest use or at the very least, make it easier for guests to find it. This was one of the biggest reason for my decreased rating score. The other was lack of consistent Wi-Fi service.

First, we never received the Wi-Fi code in our check in packet. When we called to receive the code, during our second night at the resort, we were given erroneous information and had to call back for correct information. Then the service was intermittent at best. By the time we checked out, the service was still hit or miss throughout the entire resort. Otherwise, the checking in process was amazing. I loved the fact that we didn't have to wait in line and could go directly to our unit with a personalized code for our room. We didn't have to worry about losing keys. I simply sent a text message with the code to my family members; and within a day, they had it memorized. My kids would race to be the first to utilize the code to enter our room.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Intermittent Wi-fi access
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
8 Feb 2017
Dear Nicole B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us in Baskins Creek 402. We regret that you were disappointed by some aspects of your stay. Please accept our apologies for what is not indicative of our service levels and we can assure you that our housekeeping and maintenance department has taken your feedback seriously. The trash pick up issue has been corrected as has the intermittent WiFi problems. We are grateful that you chose to spend your vacation with us. We hope to welcome you and your family back to provide you with an exceptional level of service on your next trip to the Smoky Mountains.

Yours in hospitality,
Amy P
Linda H
Independence, Kentucky, United States
“Would love to stay in this condo again if it were clean.”
Reviewed 25 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

The condo sits up the road from traffic light 6 which is a great location. I enjoyed my 7 night stay but was disappointed in the cleanliness of the condo. The entire condo needs a good cleaning. There were a lot of spills on the carpet, the kitchen floor was dirty, the counter tops were sticky, but the worse thing is the mold growing in the shower in the master bath. Room 402 is nicely decorated and would receive an A rating if properly cleaned.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
8 Feb 2017
Dear Linda H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback from your stay in Baskins Creek 402. I am disappointed that you experienced issues during your visit and apologize that it impacted your stay. It is important for us to ensure that the properties on our program are in their best possible condition for our guests and I apologize that we fell short on not having some of these issues identified and fixed prior to your stay. I am happy to report that the cleaning issues have been addressed by the housekeeping department and no issues have been reported in quite some time. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again during a future visit to the Smokies so that you will see that your visit with us just now is not the norm for our guests.

Yours in hospitality,
Amy P
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing