“Private yet close to it all”

Review of Grandma's Gift

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Alison L
Byron Center, Michigan
“Private yet close to it all”
Reviewed 9 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed in Grandma's Gift for 3 nights for our anniversary trip to the Smokies. Overall it was very nice. The cabin interior is smaller than the pictures lead you to believe, the kitchen especially is small with minimal counter space. But for just the two of us it was just fine. It says it can sleep up to 4 people because of the pull out couch in the living room but I would think that would be quite cramped. The only bathroom is located upstairs as a part of the master suite so that could cause problems if more than one couple were staying. Like I mentioned though, for the two of us it was cozy and perfect. I was impressed with how clean the cabin was! The hot tub even was immaculate. My favorite part of the cabin was its location. You are right off the main road going through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, yet up a secluded mountain road a ways so it feels very private... No traffic noise or anything. And no neighboring cabins either. One tip, make sure you bring some kitchen basics with you if you plan to cook at the cabin. The supply a few plates/cups/bowls along with like 2 pots, and some silverware. You will need more pans and cutlery if you plan to do much at all. They do provide a coffee maker and blender along with the standard kitchen appliances. Everything worked nicely. Also there are no cleaning supplies other than a broom, so if you are a neat freak like me and are staying for a while, pack accordingly. Overall we were very happy with this cabin and would return again.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
20 Jan 2015
Thanks for taking time to review your stay in our Grandma's Gift. Glad to hear that you felt that it was very nice and were very happy with the cabin. I will have housekeeping check the kitchen to make sure it's fully stocked. Although the cabin will sleep 4 it's best use is for 2 adults, however it can also work for 2 adults and 2 children on the sleeper sofa. Thanks for the kind words and please keep Smoky Mountain Chalet Rentals in mind when you return to the area.
NC
Reviewed 9 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Ohio
Reviewed 14 January 2011 for a stay in September 2010
people found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Proximity to both outdoor and indoor activities
Liked least: Mattress was a little firm
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Rugged travelers
Ms
Reviewed 19 November 2010 for a stay in October 2010

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing