All reviews bedroom villa full kitchen don ward parking pass time share pancake house across the street sales pitch washer and dryer high pressure within walking distance national park outdoor pool the main street timeshare presentation short drive pigeon forge jacuzzi tub
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

This place was really More than what we needed as we were booked into a villa. The room was very clean and easy access to walk around town, far enough away for quiet but close enough to walk. Bed was ok but tilted down. Friendly staff and quiet room.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I've been reading some of the comments on this resort and I have to say that I was highly impressed with the management and service we got. I checked in on the 30th of September. At check in I received a welcome package, in that package there was a card from the GM that stated if we had any issues to please contact him directly on his cell phone. Something we didn't think we would need.. As luck would have it there were a few misunderstandings when I booked my stay that had me a little confused and aggravated at myself for not checking up better on details. My issue was, I thought I had booked a larger room months prior, again as luck would have it gatlinburg was having a car show that week and they were booked solid on all other rooms. After speaking with the front desk about my situation, I was out of options other than calling the GM directly. Which I did. When I contacted Mr Ward I was shocked at how understanding he was about my concerns. I knew his hand was tied due to being booked solid, but he definitely went above and beyond to accommodate us so we could enjoy our vacation. It's very impressive that a GM would leave their cell number on a card to deal with problems on their time off. Very impressed with this. I encourage everyone if you're having issues with the resort to give management a call before you leave negative reviews on here to give the resort a chance to resolve them. They really do care about their customers and the resort is a great place with the best location. Thanks for reading and enjoy Gatlinburg. And if anyone reads this from management at the resort. Thank you again. We had a great great stay and we will be returning soon. AJS

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ajshaw_80
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

What a delight to read your kind words about Don and the team at Smoky Mountain Resort! It's a sincere pleasure for us to treat our guests like family, and Don is passionate about getting that right! We hope you'll be back to see us again soon. Thanks for taking time to tell us about your stay.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We are Platinum IHG members, so took up on an invitation to stay here for a four night deal for free if we would sit through "about a 2 hour" talk/look/whatever to discuss an offer to buy a timeshare. Well, we knew what that was about, well, we thought. First thing was, we ended up having some conflicts with dates and wanted to change, so I responded to an email from a representative from our initial booking asking if we could change dates. No response for two weeks, so finally called the number. Could not change dates. So we decided to go early, stay at another place for a couple of days, then come here and check out early. Finally checked in, thought our suite was very nice, although the pool property did not look very good except at night when there were blue lights in the pool, it looked dirty during the day, and wasn't nearly as big as we expected with the amount of people who apparently stay here. The good things: very nice open main suite, private bedroom, ceiling fan, extremely comfortable bed, temperature control the way we wanted it.
Not So Good Things: Mold on shower curtain. No working fireplace, apparently they are shut off until it gets cold outside because they are heat-producing. (We have a nice fireplace at home that we can turn on without heat just for ambiance, but can also put out heat when we want it to do so.) Yes, the property is going under renovations, but even when that is done, I would prefer it not be a major uphill walk to get back from the downtown as we are not young people and my husband's knees are bad. Worst thing was we went to the "pitch meeting" and it lasted THREE hours, killed our entire afternoon. It was an offer that was something you had to agree to buy THAT day. I was against it from the beginning because it's a "forever" thing, we have worked hard to own everything we have, no debt, this would be an ongoing yearly fee, and you never get out of it, if you get health issues, whatever, you still have to pay your fee, and maintenance fees on top of that. We also talked about how we prefer to go to vacation places where there are adults only. All these properties (of very few we are interested in staying) are family resorts with kids running around. Then we were told we could stay at ANY hotel, resort, etc with our points... with additional fees. And you never get out of the contract. You "pass it on" to your kids, and if they're not into that thing, they're stuck with paying the fees, etc. NO WAY!!!
Anyway, nice place, but never want to get locked into a contract, and this was supposed to be a "no pressure" deal, but it certainly turned into one. Our rep tried and tried to tell us what a deal it was, finally got the message that we were saying NO, then we had to wait for another manager to come try to sell us again (and I'm pretty sure he was told what my shirt said so he could be nice and pretend to know a particular musician I like), then after he knew we weren't going to buy, we had to wait again for a top dog to come out to finally sign the paper to get us out of there. NEVER do this to yourselves or especially to your children!!
On another note, the other staff at the resort were very nice and helpful. I understand there is renovation going on. It seemed that only one elevator was working, took forever to go up and down. After the renovation is done, if you are young, I'm sure this will be a great place to stay, but pay the full price, don't screw over your finances and your future generations by signing a contract!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nitroliz
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay, within walking distance of almost everything Gatlinburg, views we're great, pools and hot tubs were clean and relaxing, the rooms were huge an really nice. Recommend this stay to anyone!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2018

The accommodations at this resort were old and run down and in very bad need of replacement. The furniture and carpeting looked dirty. There was black mold in the master bathroom shower. The washer dryer combination in the unit did not work at all. The pool at this resort looked absolutely disgusting. The only positive thing I can find to say about this resort was that it was in a good location but when that is the only thing you can find good to say about a place that is pretty sad. I would not recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank justsaygo63
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

We're so sorry to hear about your disappointing stay at Smoky Mountain Resort. This just doesn't sound like us. We sent you a private message so that we might reach out to you about what happened. Thank you for sharing your comments.