All reviews room was clean great location shower head the main strip short walk nice tv family owned within walking distance close to downtown coffee maker place to sleep fridge and microwave would stay here again c unit hot water pigeon forge motel
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Hotel was convenient to strip, room was clean and well maintained, beds were comfortable, and lady at the front desk was super nice and very helpful. We also arrived at the hotel earlier than our check in time and the lady at the front desk was nice enough to let us go ahead and check in since our room was ready, which I really appreciated. I don't have any complaints at all about this hotel. I would definitely stay again and I would recommend it to others.

Date of stay: October 2018
kendall H, Manager at Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us here at The Mountain House and for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you all in the future!

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in April. The floor trim was coming off the walls, the popcorn ceiling was peeling off, and the AC unit smelled like VERY bad bo. There was dried feces on the wall next to the toilet and dead bugs on the shower ceiling. Disgusting would be a nice word to describe the room. I was afraid to even let my kids walk barefoot or use the restroom because it was so gross. Brought it to the front desks attention and all they did was refund 10% of our room. Terrible.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sbecky05
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Not only did they mess up my room when I checked in, but the room had cobwebs on the ceiling. The bathroom floor and shower looked like it had barely been touched. Now I know it's an old hotel and there's only so much dirt that will come up so I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Also because of the mess up my keys stopped working and I had to go get them reinstated because of the room mix up.

The next day the people who serviced the room gave me towels that were either dirty or stained. I took them down to the man at the front desk who proceeded to tell me that they were not the Hilton and an old hotel so these things happen. Ummm I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure the Super 8 makes sure to give their guests clean, stainless towels! He said he would bring more up but never did. Luckily I did have few that were not stained to use

Also the service people never made the bed and other rooms had the beds made! It looked like they might have cleaned the toilet and left more soap. Or at least I hope that's why the toilet seat was up.

Between all that I decided that I was in a dirty room and the management did not care. I will be sure never to come again.

Again I understand they are not the Hilton, but I don't stay at the Hilton when I come to Gatlinburg. I actually usually stay across the street at Jack Huff's ( which is in the same price range) and will return there from now on.

I would have asked for a different room but they were all booked up and after the response I got about the towels I doubt they would have cared to accommodate me. And hurricane florence made it hard to find a different hotel. I did let the man (a different person) at the desk when I checked out know what had happened. He did apologize but that was all I got.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
kendall H, Owner at Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

We are sorry that you were unhapy with your stay. Had you brought these issues to the front desk during your stay, we could have addressed them as they were occuring and taken care of them.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

The affordable price made our expectations lower, but we were really pleased. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Gatlinburg. It is only a short 5 min walk to everything "downtown" and yet quiet & away from all the noise. This place has 2 pools that seemed clean. The room was spacious, clean & comfortable. The shower was a challenge but still functioned. The staff was super friendly. I'd stay here again & not even look at another hotel. Can't beat the price!

Room tip: Spacious, quiet, near everything
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
kendall H, Manager at Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thank you for staying with us here at The Mountain House Inn! We look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Older motel im Gatlinburg. Rooms are very clean, and it is walking distance to the main strip. If you are looking for clean, safe place to sleep at half the price of the other hotels and motels, this is it. It is my go to place when I go up to Gatlinburg several times a year.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
kendall H, Manager at Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018