All reviews great hotel small water park don ward indoor water over christmas breakfast choices newer hotel very clean hotel pool area within walking distance would highly recommend this hotel free breakfast the main strip every staff member great smoky mountains national park up to date convention center
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed just one night in Gatlinburg on our trip to Pigeon Forge. We have always had good luck with Holiday Inn Express, and we are IHG Club members.
This hotel was spotless -- all common areas, the rooms, the bathrooms, etc.
During my stay I discovered I left my entire toiletry bag in Ohio. Hotel staff was nice enough to bring every possible supply needed for 2 people. They were phenomenal! We would absolutely stay here again on a future trip and we'd highly recommend it to others.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlajw
Reviewed 22 October 2018

So we visited the hotel, our first time for a timeshare presentation, the staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice and clean, it was a very short walk to town and to attractions. Right at the edge of town toward the natl park, where happened to see a few bear cubs, a thrilling experience for me, nice place would stay here again, almost forgot our room had a great view of the mountains

Room tip: Tell them you want a room on the upper floors facing the mountains
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AGrooms
Reviewed 20 October 2018

This is a very clean hotel with a ton of amenities. It is also within walking distance of everything in downtown Gatlinburg and right next door to the meeting place for the Ghost and Haunt Tour. The price is also very reasonable. I actually left another overpriced hotel and finished my Gatlinburg stay at the Holiday Inn. Service was also great!!

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Rooms were standard Holiday Inn Express, but the service was top notch. There are also are multiple pools and hotel is close to entrance to Smokies and walking distance to shopping and restaurants (10-15 minutes)

Breakfast was standard with hot and cold choices, very good value

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We stayed at this hotel because of a time-share promotion next door, however, we will never stay at this hotel again. Our hotel room smelled like dogs. When we first walked into the room, we were hit with a wall of "wet dog smell". I called the front desk to tell them about the smell but she did not offer any solutions, she just apologized. I asked if we could change rooms but she said that the hotel was fully booked. I asked if the hotel was a pet-friendly hotel and she said, "Definitely not". However, we noticed a lot of dogs in and around the hotel, so I feel like we were mislead.

Since the hotel was "fully booked", we were stuck in that room. When we checked out, I told them about the dog smell in our room, which never did go away. She apologized and was shocked to hear that no one did anything about it. She proceeded to tell me about a machine that they have, that sucks the air out of the room and it helps with the smells. I doubt that it's the "air" that smells, it is most likely coming from the carpet. She also told me that they cannot deny a guest with a pet, if the pet is a "support pet".

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Hi, Deb7V!

It was a pleasure to have hosted one of our Gold Elite members!

I am sorry for the upkeep of the room and the overall level of service you received from some of our hotel staff. This does not sound like a pleasant impression. I advised that local management of your thoughts. We will use this as we work with our team, especially housekeeping and reception for a better experience.

As we continue to improve, we would love to show you that your last stay was an exception.

Many thanks,