Lowest prices for your stay
US$116
US$111
Hotels.com
US$111
TownePlace SuitesUS$111
PricelineUS$111
Agoda.comUS$116
All reviews pet area pet fee front desk staff sofa bed one night stay an overnight stay myrtle beach dog stove interstate
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2020 via mobile

Our most recent stay was our third stay at this hotel within the past year. We have never been disappointed. Clean and efficient rooms with kitchen facilities. Hotel staff is very welcoming. Best value for the dollar. Many restaurants within a five minute drive. Easy on and off access to Interstate 95. Also pet friendly. I used to travel frequently for work. I would have loved to have stayed at a place like this.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2019

This is worse than a run-down road side motel. Corrupt management, corrupt ownership. Beware.

There was a non-slip mat in the tub that had started to come up at the edges & was covered in human scum, like it had been there and like that for years. Because there was no other room option, to be able to even use the tub, I had to remove the mat myself. I used every muscle in my arms and back to pull that mat out of that tub, and then I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed the tub to get the caked on dirt under the mat off the tub. That took over an hour in the middle of the night (I checked in at 11 pm).

When I called the manager upon check-out, he came to the room and stood there with a stone cold expression that did not change. There were numerous other filthy conditions in the room (urine stained mattress pads, a used washcloth left on the night table, garbage left under the bed). After showing him all this and telling him what a nightmare I went through to be able to use the tub, he finally apologized and said those conditions were not normal and that he would meet me at the front desk. I fully expected a full refund, at a minimum.

When I got down to the front desk, I waited several minutes before he came out from the back. He then said because it was after my check-out time (remember I spent an hour of MY time and hard labor cleaning the room to make it acceptable), he had the disgusting nerve to say that because I was an hour late leaving he would not be offering any compensation. He gave me a receipt stating my card was charged $121 when I walked out the door (the cost of the room), and there is now a charge on the card for $161 - a fraudulent additional charge of $40, on top of everything else.

I am now forced to file a legal claim against the property owner, Nadir S Gilani, who also owns a Fairfield Inn in Stafford, VA, as well as his general manager, Khurram Burney, because he is responsible for his abhorent behavior. From other reviews, I see I am not alone in my experience.

Room tip: Don't stay here.
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TPS_Fredericksburg, Manager at Towneplace Stes Frede Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2019

Dear EastCoast2019,

Your comments about the room are fabricated and unfound as discussed while you were at the property. The additional charge of $40 would have been more if we were able to authorize more on the card for items that were stolen from our suite. The total for those stolen items is $150. We have reported you to other local hotels and Marriott Headquarters.

Reviewed 11 November 2019

Just one night stay at the Townplace suites. I got some microwave popcorn with a Marriott welcome gift, but no microwave in the room. I am not sure what the point of that was. I usually don't pack my own microwave. But I had a nice big clean room with a comfortable bed. A good stay and a place I would return to. Thumbs up for me.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2019 via mobile

I booked this room tonight at the last minute. I booked a two-bedroom suite for my mother and I. When I walked into the room it has a strong odor of wet carpet. Upon further inspection, the room is extremely worn down with old worn out furniture, a dirty stove, leaky bathtub faucet, worn out towels and nasty looking carpet. I really hate to say this but it reminds me of a room you would get in Myrtle Beach of a no-name Motel. The room looks like it has been “partied” in several times. I am so surprised Marriott still permits their name to be attached to this property. It appears the property received a “soft” remodel; This property needs a major renovation or the flag should be pulled. If I didn’t have my elderly mother with me and she wasn’t already tired from being in the car for five hours, I would have turned around and checked out and got my $200 back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jaynnc
Reviewed 12 September 2019 via mobile

Had a reservation here but when I arrived at 3:30 a.m. after doing mobile check-in through the Marriott app I was told my reservation had been cancelled and that I was charged for the night. Apparently it was because I didn’t contact them, but I did the mobile check-in so I didn’t know I had to. The person at the desk told me they had no rooms left, even though I had guaranteed my reservation with a valid credit card and they couldn’t walk me to another property after giving my room away and making me pay for it. I drove three hours after a 10.5 hour work shift and was basically told to leave.
I called two days later to talk to a manager about getting my money back and spoke with someone who screened the call, listened to what I had to say and then told me the manager would call me back. Two weeks later I am still waiting on that call back and I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company to get my money back. Overall, terrible service and I will advise anyone that asks not to book this hotel. You’d be better off booking whatever the Hilton property is up the road.

Trip type: Travelled solo
TPS_Fredericksburg, Manager at Towneplace Stes Frede Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2019

Dear jgorton3,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experience. A manager will contact you for further assistance.

Towneplace Suites Management