All reviews front desk agent other hotels pancake machine beds were comfortable long trip bathroom door would stay here again enjoyed my stay yogurt elevator dog soaps pet highway
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2019 via mobile

I needed a hotel to stop at in between PA and NC that accepted pets . My usual go to hotel brand only had a few choices on 95 and I’ve stayed at one in VA and it was terrible so I gave this Holiday inn a shot since the reviews seemed good and it was pet friendly.. WOW!

First .. walking in this is not your average holiday inn ! The decor is updated and comfortable , coffee teas and hot cocoa were provided all hours of the day

Check in was fast and friendly

The rooms were very clean, spacious, and quiet. Wifi / ATT service was spotty on the 4th floor but it did not bother. The soaps are lovely ! I need a thick conditioner for my long hair and I loved the offered brand!

I met a few of the housekeepers in the elevator and I they were so friendly and I could tell they worked hard , especially for a pet friendly hotel

Breakfast was pretty awesome. So many choices and well stocked

Pool was great and clean ! My kids mentioned how they didn’t feel grossed out after swimming like at other hotels . Towels on every chair . Only wish there was a hot tub !

Lots of restaurant choices all around , we chose the Mexican restaurant walking distance

If you are passing through VA on 95 this is your hotel, especially with kids and pets ! My new go to stop from now on !

Sorry I didn’t take any pictures, but trust a frequent traveler . Stop here , especially if you have a dog !

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

Stayed here few times. Love location to highway. Clean rooms though few need bathroom tubs to be refinished or replaced.
Hallway rugs need replacing as do room doors. Once inside room, well kept and comfortable. Front desk staff on early eve of Oct 15 outstanding. Lady taking care of breakfast couldn’t have been anymore pleasant and helpful.

Would stay again but wish hotel would do some refurbishing.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2019

The hotel was very clean and comfortable! I was super impressed to see soap, shampoo and body wash that was paraben free along with some other chemicals! We’ll be back! Is this happening in all IHG properties?

Room tip: Top floor was very quiet
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 31 August 2019 via mobile

We needed a hotel room to accommodate five people overnight for a two-day drive for a beach trip. The suite, which had a pull-out couch, was perfect for this. Parking right around the hotel was full, but there were spots in an adjacent lot. Check-in was fast and easy and front desk was friendly and helpful. The property and room were clean, beds were comfortable and breakfast included eggs, baked goods, yogurt and even a pancake machine! The Wawa adjacent to the property was a plus. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2019

Room was OK. Bedsheets were clean, but room carpet was dark and not freshly vacuumed. Our room was near an exterior door and the carpet runner clearly had not been vacuumed in (conservatively) a couple of days. Room was $120+ for one night and I expected better accommodations. I won't stay at this hotel again; there are others in the area adjacent to I95.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2019

Hello Libra_wanderer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay.

We offer everything guests need and provide more where it matters most and it looks like there's left a little to be desired. I'm sorry to hear about the poor keeping of the carpet that caused your discomfort. I recognized that you're expecting a better accommodation and It's with dismay that we didn't match your expectations.

I shared this with our hotel management and I'm positive that this will be discussed with our Housekeeping so better service will be sorted out.

On the other hand, I'm glad to hear that your liked our room and the neatness our bedding is up to your standards!

We hope to host your stay again whenever you're in the area and show you our dedication to providing an exceptional experience!

Safe travels,