“A Class Above”

Charleston Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2,227 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$50 - US$150
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Exeter Street (in the Thomson Prometric Building)
Transit: Next to Harbor East Marina, close to water taxi stops.
Description: Charleston is Chef Cindy Wolf's signature restaurant whose cuisine is rooted in French fundamentals and the Low Country cooking of South Carolina, engaging both regional and international influences. The restaurant offers an extensive prix fixe tasting menu from which guests choose between three and up to six courses. Service is experienced, informed, and intuitive. The extensive, award winning wine list is selected by Tony Foreman and was designed to complement Chef Wolf's cuisine.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

The food is incredible without a doubt, but the service is second to none. Every member of the staff was very knowledgeable about the menu, and in addition our glasses never got to half empty before being refilled. Each course was timed perfectly, seemingly arriving just when you started to get hungry again. It was as much as an experience as it was dinner.

Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you, first of all, for joining us at Charleston and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your comments. Your compliments to chef Cindy Wolf's cooking are wonderful to hear.

Please don't hesitate to be in touch if I may ever be of service at Charleston or at any of our restaurants or shops. It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back.

Please like and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up to date on Charleston.
Please share about your experience on TripAdvisor, Google or Yelp, if you are so inclined.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

This is the most elegant restaurant we have eaten in in Baltimore. The tasting menu is designed so that you order a number of courses (three through six) and choose which dishes you wan (dishes are the size of large appetizers). The menu features seasonal ingredients in different ways, for example, fresh artichoke soup, artichoke with cippollini onions, artichoke risotto). There were excellent seafood choices, like cornmeal friend oysters, crab cake, lobster bisque, and shrimp and grits. The lamb chop and friend sweetbreads were cooked to perfection.

Service was very good. Because of the prices, this is more of a splurge restaurant than a regular fine-dining choice.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Since 1997, this restaurant has astounded diners! The food is an extravagant pleasure, as is the wine and cocktails!

Chef Cindy Wolf, is astounding! The atmosphere, service, all, simply PERFECTION!!!!
A MUST -DO in Baltimore!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We searched “best restaurant in Baltimore” and the Charleston was what we found. We did the six course tasting menu with wine pairing and made it chefs choice. We were blown away with almost every aspect. The girl I spoke with to make the reservation was super friendly and personable. The sommelier was very knowledgeable and witty. Every person we came in contact with just seemed a cut above your average person, almost aristocratic without the snootiness. The “open kitchen” environment is very cool, even the bathroom was really nice. We were just shocked at how bland every single course was, even the sauces drizzled with each plate had little flavor.
It’s a shame since each course was well made at its base, it simply lacked flavor. As a result each of the wine pairings were spectacular since it was the most flavorful thing on the table and stood out above the food.

Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

First and foremost, thank you for dining with us at Charleston, your compliments to the chef Cindy Wolf's cooking, our service staff, and the general ambiance of the restaurant are wonderful to hear. I would like to express my sincere regrets that you were disappointed by the cooking. If you are willing, could you please send me your email address, so the owner can respond to your concerns personally? If you could provide any additional details, I would certainly be grateful so that I may address them with our staff. We will strive to continue to warrant your high regard for what we do.

If there is anything I can do to be of service to you at Charleston or at any of our properties, please do not hesitate to be in touch.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Humbly,

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Just got back from an anniversary dinner to remember. The meal was perfection from start to finish. My boyfriend was completely star struck when Chef Cindy Wolf herself came over to welcome us. My one and only complaint (and it could’ve been just me) was that I was so chilly in the restaurant, it was hard to enjoy the dessert because all I wanted at that point was my jacket and heated car. They do get major points for having a pashmina on hand to bring over when I asked for my jacket to keep warm, but a restaurant shouldn’t be so chilly that you happen to be equipped with shawls (unless there is outdoor seating). With that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and highly recommend Charleston to anyone who is considering going!

Will N, Public Relations Manager at Charleston Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Sara,

Thank you, first of all, for joining us at Charleston for your anniversary and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your comments. Your compliments to chef Cindy Wolf's cooking and to our service staff are wonderful to hear.

I regret to read that you were so cold during your visit, but I am happy to read you were provided with a pashmina. It can be very difficult to manage the temperature of the restaurant at this time of the year, especially with an open kitchen. For future visits, please let the Maitre d'Hotel know when you book that you were chilly previously and we will make every accommodation we can to make your visit more comfortable.