“Awful Customer Service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I have been a patron of this place for years. After my encounter with the rude manager Helen I will not be able to patronize this establishment anymore regardless to how good the chicken is.

1  Thank Mark G

Reviewed 23 April 2018

In my last review, I said I'd never go back for several reasons. Yesterday, while in Jacksonville my husband wanted to try it one more time as he used to enjoy the chicken. Well, we did go back, and I'm so glad we did. The place was neat and clean. The chicken cooked perfectly, the cream peas in a nice smooth cream sauce, the slaw was very good in a nice tasting dressing, and the biscuits, well they were wonderful and warm and flakey. The fries were perfectly done and nicely seasoned, not too much salt like on our last visit. I asked the waitress if there had been a change in staff as the last time we were there it had been awful. She told us they have a new cook. Obviously, one you knows how to cook Southern style. Everything was very good and we'll definitely go back when in the Jacksonville area.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

This was my second visit. The first visit, the food was excellent. Heard a lot of good reviews from locals and wasn't disappointed at all. Went back a couple week later and maybe it was the day or time but it was no where as good as the first time. The chicken was good but average. My sides were rice and gravy. The rice was over cooked, cold, and gummy. The gravy was cold. The cream peas were cold. Got to say the biscuits were very good. Will try again but want go out of my way.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

You go here for fried chicken at its best if you don’t like it stay away as there is nothing else on the menu,great chicken at a great price

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to beat Beach Road Chicken Dinners fried chicken and sides. I ordered the white meat chicken dinner and my husband ordered fried chicken livers. We shared the sides, mashed potatoes with gravy, creamed peas, cole slaw and biscuits. The chicken livers were crispy and delicious but I was disappointed with my chicken. It was cooked but just barely golden and not really crispy at all. I don’t splurge on fried chicken often but when I do I like it super crispy:) Don’t hold this against them, it’s usually always awesome.