“wish we could have stayed longer”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Back Patio
Upstairs Rear Bedroom
Upstairs Middle Bedroom
Upstairs Front Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
CorinaFR
Norfolk, Virginia
“wish we could have stayed longer”
Reviewed 20 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

This house and its quiet neighborhood are so comfortable to be in. My big family and I really appreciated access to all the extra towels and blankets, considering we traveled with sensitive children. Ellen's information binder on the kitchen counter, along with her emails prior to our arrival, were amazingly helpful about local places, parking, check in/out, internet/tv etc. We are so grateful.

We had to figure out a couple of things about the bathrooms. They might have been in the information binder, but we didn't read it until the morning after our arrival:
1. To divert the water from the bathtubs' spouts to the showerheads, find the short cylindrical diverter on the underside of the spout where the water comes out. Pull down. (I've never seen this type of diverter.)
2. The light switch for the basement shower room is on the wall that separates the king bed from the two single beds.

The most sensitive of us had a few bug bites from the beds, but our stay in this house was too short.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: cozy and welcoming atmosphere
Liked least: difficult to find parking, especially in the late evening
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
LouTruxto...
Newport Beach, California
“South Philly - gotta love it!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

My family and I were traveling back to South Philly (total of 8 adults) for a family wedding. We would have been isloated in different pockets of various family homes, until I found this house on Trip Advisor!
It was perfect - everyone had their own space (bedroom & full bathrooms) there were plenty of towels and linens, and if you needed there is a full washer/dryer room in the basement. Central Air Conditioning helped keep things cooled off in that humid Philadelphia heat!

The best part of the place was the amount of room we all had to individually get ready to go out to Center City, Melrose Diner (Open 24 hrs - classic landmark of South Philly) and a Huge South Philly wedding. The inside of the place had hardwood floors and newer appliances which made the stay very enjoyable. I had been gone from Philly for over 20+ years and coming back to stay at a place like this really, really made me feel at home!
If we travel as a group again back to Philadephia - there is only one place I would stay and that is this property in South Philly!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Simply put - it was a home away from home!
Liked least: Parking - but that is everywhere in South Philly
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
26 Jun 2014
Lou,
We are so glad your return to South Philly was as you expected and remembered. You are right--gotta love it!
Ellen

Luxury-minded travelers
WV
Reviewed 5 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing