“Cosy, classy, but a little challenging if you're...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
LucyinCam...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Cosy, classy, but a little challenging if you're tall!”
Reviewed 26 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

We were really impressed with this charming, beautiful house - the furniture and bedding was lovely, and the location was great.
As I'm just under 6 foot the only problem was getting in and out of the upstairs bedroom and the kitchen, and having to stoop in the shower. I think it's helpful that I do a lot of yoga!
There's also no doors on the bedrooms - this wasn't a problem for our group of friends but just something to note.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
3 Apr 2015
Hi Dr. Lucy thank you for staying with us, Im so glad you ejoyed our home. Im in the process of putting in a door on the 2nd floor bedroom the curtain is just temporary. I will update the listing description once I get that in. I had to custom order a split door that opened from the center as it would hit the bed and prevent it from opening if we used a standard door. I just want guests to know though that there currently is privacy but I will update once a actual door installed (The bedroom on the 3rd floor is pretty private already). As for the low head room in the stairwells it's important for people to know that so thank you for emphasizing that. This house is not for tall people! Thanks again for staying with us , Best Josh & Miranda
Washington DC
Reviewed 2 May 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
donnao03
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Family visit...so much nicer than hotel room!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 for a stay in October 2013

Stayed here with our daughter, son-in-law, and four month old baby. We loved staying in the neighborhood and it was very close to our son's home. It had eveything we needed, and the bedroom floors had room air conditioners. However, the main floor, the living area did not have AC or a fan. It happened to be an unusually warm and humid weekend in October and so that made it uncomfortable to sit around there and visit. Still, we enjoyed the overall experience. As mentioned in other reviews, the circular wooden staircase was authentic, but could be a problem for anyone who has mobility issues and was a challenge to carry the baby upstairs, Would not work for young children.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
4 Apr 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I have purchased one of those stand alone AC units which will be placed in the back corner on the first floor. It should be more than adequate to cool the place down this summer. Those stairs are tough no question about that. Definitely not for folks with mobility issues.
Fair Oaks CA
Reviewed 5 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Linwood NJ
Reviewed 4 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing