“Architectural Delight”
Review of Masonic Temple

Masonic Temple
Ranked #13 of 471 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: "The Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania" is an example of elegant architecture. Inside, the lodge is adorned with lovely artwork.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I took a tour based on the temple's historical as well as architectural significance. It was interesting, for the most part, but our guide was more intent on dispelling public myths rather than explaining Freemasonry. The tour was nonetheless interesting. I particularly liked the fact that we could take pictures, since most historical sites don't allow photography. The attention to architectural details, as well as the surperb maintainence and upkeep of this building are the best reasons to take a tour. Definitely worth it!

All reviews
in 25 reviews
"library"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the Masonic Temple on a whim, we went past and discovered that they were offering tours. Knowing very little about the Freemasons we decided to take a tour, the tour last approx 50 minutes and showed you the main rooms which were elaborate and ornate. Our tour guide was particularly informative and willing to answer any questions.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Very ornate historic building. Excellent tour and very nice museum with lots of unique pieces in it.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I had no idea of what I would see. The architecture is brilliant and the various features and work details inside are breathtaking.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2018

I was amazed by every room because they were all a work of art. I also got a chance to learn a little bit about the Freemasons. Make sure that you go at the times of one of the guided tours (I did not know this and I had to wait for an hour) and it is right by City Hall, which is a beautiful building worth looking at.