“Super fresh!”
Review of China Wok

China Wok
Ranked #1,022 of 1,660 Restaurants in El Paso
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great menu, Something for everyone, sweet and sour pork wow! Beef and bell pepper great also. Must try.
Service is great and great Togo!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed 4 August 2020

I didn't like the dumplings it was not cooked and the rice needed flavor the plate with pork and chicken with beef too is too small

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 17 October 2019

I used to be a regular here, I would go 3-5 times a week depending on how much money i had to be honest. They knew me by calling me brother hah love them! my orders were large and i never turned down giving them a tip! love them!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 26 September 2019

Located in East E Paso in the Trevino Strip, just off Montwood and Lee Trevino, I hadn't been to China Wok in about four years.

Stopping in on a Tuesday evening at 7:30PM, I found it odd the parking area wasn't full as it always used to be. I was further shocked to find the inside deserted and empty. China Wok always used to be jammin' busy. There was no one arriving to place orders nor to pick up take-out, only two people eating in the dining room, and only a few people milling around the kitchen doing nothing. This was a really, really bad omen of what was to come.

I ordered food for take-out: Singapore Mei Fun, a quart of Hot and Sour Soup, and an order of Crispy Spring Rolls. I found it really odd, and another bad omen, when they told me it would only be 5 minutes... never heard such a thing. And, indeed, my food was ready and bagged for take-out in about 5 minutes. That's just not possible.

I tried the Crispy Spring Rolls first, which were about the size of my pinky finger. Although indeed crispy, they had no taste whatsoever. I struggled to find or identify any filling besides the mushy inside part of the wonton wrapper. They did provide a small cup of sweet and sour sauce, but their hot mustard packets are the cheapest possible variety with no hot mustard zing at all and just lots of salt.

When I opened the Singapore Mei Fun, which should be a lovely variety of veggies, and meats, and shrimp, stir-fried in rice noodles and curry seasoning, what I found, instead, was a pile of mushy overcooked noodles that had fallen apart, as well as very tired mushy veggies. There were minimal veggie remains, hard to identify, along with totally shredded remains of chicken meat with a few baby shrimp. It was ghastly and didn't even look right. This is the most lovely and delectable dish when prepared properly.

The Singapore Mei Fun had no taste whatsoever, hints of stale-tasting curry, and was not appetizing in any way. Normally the rice noodles come intact; so much so that they can be spun up on a fork like spaghetti, but not this stuff. It was disintegrated mush. I attempted to eat less than half, but it was just not good.

In my disappointment, as I thought about it, I realized all of this food was cooked far in advance. Hence, the mushy noodles and mushy veggies, and then it was all just thrown together in the wok when ordered.

Well, I had to be right, because within no more than 30 minutes after eating this trash my body started violently rejecting it. Yep, food poisoning, which has continued for the past 24 hours.

I never write negative reviews, but am stunned at this terrible representation of healthy and presentable food from a business establishment. I will never return to China Wok again, and recommend that no one else go there either.

I know times are tough, but shame on you, China Wok. This is unacceptable and it's best you just close soon rather than make customer sick.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Markas D
Reviewed 18 April 2019 via mobile

There were SO MANY Bone Fragments found in their Chicken! VERY SHARP AND HARD Bone Fragments. Not to mention the "Chicken" doesn't even taste like Chicken. They are Abnormally Shaped Pieces of some kind of Meat with a Dry, Hard to Chew, and Unpleasant Taste. The Sauce they drizzle on the Meat is liquidy and has NO Authentic, Home-Made-From-Scratch taste. It's most likely Pre-Packaged Ready-To-Use Commercialized Sauce they throw on everything they "Make". 2 of my Teeth got cracked on the Top Left Side of my mouth from the Sharp Bones in the Meat. This was So Embarassing considering I bought $68 Bucks worth of this Trash to feed my Guests (Friends and Family) at my house, who also experienced Bone Fragments in their Food. We All Did Not hesitate to stop eating this Trash Immediately. Called and made a Complaint, instead of them offering some kind of Solution or Assistance, they HUNG UP ON ME. I can't even Believe they're STILL in Business. I don't get it. Save yourself the TIME and TROUBLE, your HARD EARNED CASH, and your TEETH. Avoid this China Wok on Lee Trevino across Hanks High School. Unless you want Meat that I'm not even sure is Actual "Chicken" with Sharp Bones in Every Bite, be my guest. I have Pictures of some of the Bones I found in the "Chicken". If there is an Option Available to Post them on here, I will. Please Beware of Restaurants like these who don't give a Rat's A** <-- Which is probably the kind of Meat they use. Not sure if there are any other Restaurants that they own throughout the City.. I know they Own this place and the Stores right next to theirs, which they Rent Out. Just Be Careful and Beware of their way of Business. They only care about MONEY. Not the QUALITY and SAFETY of their Food. If you know of any other Restaurants they own, Please Comment and Post so not only myself, but EVERYONE can be Advised and Warned. We Need to Advocate for Us, the Consumers!! We need to use our Freedom of Speech and Social Outlets like this one to exercise our Rights as Consumers and Paying Customers. Their Business Practices are NOT ETHICAL, nor are they MORAL.

Date of visit: April 2019