“In Macy's”

Rowland's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Rowland's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,871 of 14,593 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Rowland’s Bar & Grill serves American gastropub cuisine in a comfortable, modern atmosphere on the One Below level at Macy’s Herald Square. Named for Rowland H. Macy, the storied founder of Macy’s, Rowland’s Bar & Grill builds upon his magnanimous character with intriguing bits of his life, quotes and favorite foods, like the signature cheddar-stuffed RH Burger. Also featuring classic NYC dishes like House-Smoked Pastrami, inventive salads, and simply grilled steaks and seafood, Rowland’s is the perfect gathering place when shopping New York’s most famous store.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great place to stop for a drink after a day of shopping at Macy's. The Bloody Mary cannot be beat. There is a decent selection of wines and beers. There is ONE problem. They do not accept the macy's charge card. You are in Macy's, guys!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good draft beer. Overpowering smell of grease which does not sit well on clothes BUT the highlight was the spat that the two female bartenders indulged in. Really? Who thought this was appropriate??

Alexandra M, General Manager at Rowland's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Chersand,

My name is Ali and I'm the General Manager at Rowland's Bar and Grill. I wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the time to contact us about your dining experience.

I’m very sorry to hear that about your frustrations while dining at the restaurant and as a result, your experience with us was unsatisfactory. Your comments have been discussed with the appropriate personnel and we will do our very best to correct the situation immediately.

I hope that you will give us another chance. When planning your next visit, I invite you to contact me directly so that I can ensure you enjoy an experience that shows our dedication to exceptional food and genuine hospitality. Feel free to contact me at amiller@patinagroup.com or by phone at (212)868-3001

Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Alexandra

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

O M G! I swear I had THE BEST BLT I have ever had in my entire life at Rowland's last week. If you like spicy, start off with the Strawberry- Jalapeno Margarita that is made with Cuervo silver, jalepeño infused simple syrup, strawberry and topped off with a salted rim. Next order the best damn BLT EVER! It is made with sriracha honey glazed bacon, lettuce, tomato, spicy mayo and placed on a challah bun. For $1 more I got the sweet potato fries instead and it was so worth it. The bacon was crispy, sweet, and spicy all at the same time (and they gave me a lot of bacon too). As I type I am sitting here thinking about this BLT, that is just how good it was. I usually don't get tomatoes on my BLT (I know I'm strange) but I am so happy that I did as it was the perfect balance to the sandwich.

I am telling you if you like spicy and you like bacon, please try this sandwich at Rowlands (along with the Strawberry - Jalapeno Margarita) because it is definitely worth it.

Dear Misscutie75

Thank you for taking the time to share your very positive experience with us! As the General Manager, it was a pleasure to read your very kind words and I wanted to express my sincere thanks.
We’re all very grateful for your patronage and truly look forward to having you visit again in the near future. Please feel free to call me directly at the restaurant anytime we can be of service to you, your friends, and your family. I can be reached at amiller@patinagroup.com or by phone: 212-868-3001
Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon.

Ali Miller

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Located on the lower level of Macy's flagship store, this restaurant has the type of menu found in many high end restaurants. At lunch there was a fifteen minute wait for seating but that wasn't a problem for us since there were many racks of 80% clothing items nearby. My friend raved about her salmon dinner while I was equally impressed with my chicken and waffles. There is also a full service bar here.

Dear Susan,

We greatly appreciate your business and we hope you will spread the words to your friends and family. For your future trips to Macy's please do not hesitate to contact me for a reservation! (212)-868-3001

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon!!

Ali M.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Had lunch here with my wife following a shopping trip. There were plenty of empty tables and a few seats at the bar which was where we initially sat as we wanted a quick drink initially. The drinks were served in frosted glasses - very welcoming despite it being cold outside. The food was of a good quality too (only sandwiches but good none the less). This was topped off with warm and friendly bar staff.