2,593 results
All reviews loft suite times square new york soaking tub room service bryant park standard room lobby bar rain shower midtown location location is great grand central station fifth avenue reception desk an upgrade nice size two blocks
Reviewed 9 November 2015

Making two teenagers happy is often challenging for me so when they said they wanted to stay at the Royalton for their next visit to New Yor City, I felt my choice was a success! The staff was friendly and helpful without being overbearing. A great stay.

Room Tip: Pillows could use an update.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Colleen C, Front Office Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2015

Woohoo, the stamp of approval from your teenagers! We know that's hard to come by, and we're so thrilled to hear the whole family enjoyed their time with us in NYC! Our location really is great for crashing after a long day of hitting the town, and our swanky lounge is especially ideal for the parents of those hard to please teenagers who might need a drink or two after a busy day out. So glad you enjoyed! Looking forward to having you all back again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

The trip was great, the staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming. The loft suite was good but the bathroom a bit outdated with cracks on the bathtub and honestly not very clean. I still do not understand why they charge absurd amount for Internet in the rooms when in our days Internet is so cheap and most free in hotels across the world.

Room Tip: Loft suite
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us! I'm so glad to hear that our staff impressed you with their friendly service, but sorry that a few aspects may have fallen short of your expectations. I hope that you were still able to enjoy our wonderful "disco tubs", and do hope that you brought your concerns regarding cleanliness to our attention while you were here so that we could ensure everything was made right for you. I apologize also that you were inconvenienced by the internet connection charge in your guest room, and hope that you took advantage of the complimentary connection we offer in our lounge, hopefully with a cocktail in hand!

Looking forward to having you back and ensuring a flawless visit the next time around!

Reviewed 9 November 2015

We had a "suite" (I would call it a junior suite at best) at around $600 per night with tax (and everything, including WiFi, at 19.95/day, was extra). It included nothing and a pot of coffee (assuming they have pots - one morning my husband had to walk to the corner since they had run out of pots - For $26 for coffee for 2, one would think the would keep plenty of small pots on hand!). . The room was fairly large, but uncomfortable with a curtain between the tiny bedroom (with a terribly uncomfortable platform bed) and a pretty large, barely furnished, uncomfortable living room (huge couch along the wall which was around 6" thick). The bathroom had a too large tub (big enough for 3), but a vanity area that had one sink and was literally smaller than the one I had in the cabin on my cruise in June. All makeup, etc., had to be placed on the floor under the sink. The bathroom had a pocket door (which I broke two nails opening) because there was no room for a regular door. Also, no robe, no slippers, no cue tips, no shower cap, and I could go on. Also, the concierge was present around 10% of the time and the same applied to the doorman (what doorman?). No one was ever able to get us a cab even though we were just two blocks off of Broadway. The bell staff was very nice (a bright spot!).. The bar is hopping at night with locals and clearly a hip place to go, but there is nowhere for guests to sit and the service was not good (for $19 a drink (tip not incl.), I should not have to walk up to the bar to remind them that I was there to order a drink and not just sit. And when paying almost $80 for 2 glasses of inexpensive wine and 2 martinis, I expect at least peanuts. No way. No peanuts, chips or anything to munch on. The lobby is very cool and expensive looking. Too bad they clearly didn't spend money on the hotel elsewhere. And the restaurant is not open 3x/day, 7 days a week (I still haven't figured out when they are open). Very disappointing. Stay at one of the many other boutique hotels in this area or go uptown to classier hotels. And, not the fault of the hotel, but someone better bring back Mayor Juliani because 42nd street is starting to look like it did 20 years ago with street people and hustlers everywhere. And bring walking shoes. The traffic is beyond horrible and understand that this is probably my 20th trip to NYC so I know the difference (and am, or was, a lover of the city). Next time I will probably just change planes at JFK and go on to London, Paris or Rome, all of which are much more civilized and surprisingly easier to catch a cab and move around the city.

Room Tip: Higher floors. Anything below the 8th floor is noisy as heck if you dare crack a window.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear JudeSh49,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Royalton. We're so sorry it wasn't up to your expectations! While we pride ourselves on being one of the original boutique hotels (in fact, the second in NYC after Morgans!) we do not claim to offer the wide array of amenities of a larger five star property. That being said, we'd be more than delighted to offer assistance with hailing a taxi, a cozy spot in our lounge for a drink or dinner, and amenities such as robes and slippers, Q-tips, shower caps, and more - all you need to do is ask, and we'd be happy to oblige! We have staff here 24/7 who are always happy to help, and they'd be honored to help make recommendations in lieu of the concierge if they're away from their desk. I am glad, however, that you did find the bellstaff very friendly and helpful!

Regarding the restaurant hours, I'm so sorry if there was any confusion! These are listed on our website, and our staff members would be happy to let you know the operating hours. Forty Four is open Monday-Friday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and we do offer light continental breakfast options on the weekends. We did just go through an exciting menu change with some fabulous new additions, both for food and drink, so I'm so sorry if you didn't have the chance to take advantage!

Hopefully your next visit to NYC leaves you with a better impression of our wonderful city!

Reviewed 7 November 2015

The Royalton is one of NY's finest and coolest properties. It oozes cool. Lived it, loved it, loved it. Camille the customer experience manager was a doll. The bar is the best and the hotel maintains its chic style throughout.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Emely E, Front Office Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Thank you Proaudioguy! We are happy that you lived it and loved it here at Royalton! Your experience is what you take with you and we are happy to know we were able to make it a memorable for you. Camille is certainly one of our Rock Stars! We thank you for mentioning our bar as well as our chic and sexy style! We hope to see you again soon and please feel free to email me direct for your next visit. Cheers!

Reviewed 6 November 2015

I've stayed at The Royalton a bunch of times, and I still like going back. The vibe is great, and the staff so friendly and helpful. Despite all the younger upstart hotels in NY vying to attract the tragically hip, The Royalton has maintained its position by not overdoing it. It knows its cool, and doesn't have to prove anything.

My room was clean, chic and spacious (I popped for a junior suite and it was worth it - much bigger than the regular rooms). It even had an enormous soaking tub and fireplace. With the cold rain outside, it felt great to light the fire and hang out for a few minutes before hitting the town. My room faced the street, and there was a little traffic noise - but this is NY people! That's all part of the city charm. I slept great.

One thing I would mention is that the lobby lounge is super worn, and the carpets and furniture need to be replaced pronto. More than a few stains that cannot be covered by dim lighting and pretty people - time for a good scrub.

The location cannot be beat in Midtown - it's near all the great eats, easy walking to shopping and theaters, and if you care to venture the subway there's a stop close by. Definitely a great stay overall.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 2DadsWithBaggage

Criticdesandiego, we're blushing! Thanks for such high praise, and for coming back and visiting us time and again. As cool as we might be, our awesome guests are what make the scene - especially our loyal repeat visitors! Glad you felt the extra space offered by our suites was worth it, and there's no denying those fireplaces and "disco tubs" really add something special to a cold fall night.

Thank you as well for your feedback on our lounge area. With how busy our gorgeous lounge stays throughout the year, the occasional face lift can't hurt, and we're taking observations like yours to heart with an upcoming overhaul on carpeting, furnishings, and the like.

Can't wait to have you back again next time!