1,988 results
All reviewsstatue of libertybattery parkthe financial districtwall streetrector streetthe concierge loungehudson riverellis islandlower manhattannew yorkfreedom towertrinity churchthe world trade center siteground zerocab ridebusiness hotelcorner room
Reviewed 1 May 2018

location, location, location. too bad the room they gave me had no view other than the building next door. my travelling companion got much better view over looking the hudson. overall a nice stay but weather didn't cooperate. i would go back if they dropped the prices

Room Tip: ask for high floor facing river
Reviewed 30 April 2018

It is a Marriott, so they are all the same. The room is laid out very functionally. The staff was great. I left behind my iPad and they went above and beyond to look for it and get it to me. That is excellent customer service. I give 5 stars for customer service.

Room Tip: In the heart of the financial district.
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Location is good, it is 2 min walk to the World Trade Centre Memorial site and near several train stations. Rooms are not very big but doesn't provide basic toiletries (toothbrush, amenity kids, room slippers). The AC/Header is by the window and can get quite noisy at night when it sort of restart itself every other hour. Opposite there is a mall which has some nice take away eateries. Take a walk/jog down North Cove Yacht Harbour and Battery Park City Esplanade just opposite the hotel if the weather permits. For shopping, there are Century 21 and World Trade Centre which are near by, otherwise cab to 5th Avenue is about USD20-30 depending on traffic/tips.
Overall, an average hotel with a luxury hotel chain price tag

Reviewed 24 April 2018

I am not sure what to expect of New York hotels, as I have only stayed in B & B before. This was kind of an average hotel,neither annoying nor amazing. On the downside, the room was stuffy and the bathroom dated with a tiny tub. On the upside, the location was great. I have not stayed downtown before and it was great to see that end of things. Easy access to the Brooklyn Bridge, the Staten Island ferry and only half a block from the World Trade Centre. The staff were friendly and helpful; no problems with check in or getting assistance, directions etc. The restaurant is kind of a one trick pony but my hamburger was pretty delicious. Starbucks on site as well. Again, I cannot comment on value for the dollar as I am not a frequent hotel stayer but they did have lots of discounts, mine was from AAA and they didn't even ask to see my card on check in.

Stayed: March 2018
Terry L, Manager at New York Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Maggie_K50,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time in the Lower Manhattan area and that my staff was able to take such great care of you. We are looking to have a room renovation in late 2018.

I hope you decide to visit us again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Aileen Galazin
Rooms Operations Manager
85 West St
NY, NY 10006

Reviewed 9 April 2018

This is a good property in a great location - close enough but away from the noise of Manhattan. The staff of the property is excellent. Check-in was great, thanks to Adnan and Eric. Rooms are a decent size and well-equipped. The on-site 'Bill's Bar & Burger' is great.
Two issues.
1. The hotel does not offer room service.
2. Executive Lounge is closed on the weekends.
My stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo