1,886 results
All reviews gin parlour new york beautiful hotel british airways the club lounge grand central station mini bar park avenue times square luxury hotel rockefeller center an upgrade coffee machine late check housekeeping staff fifth avenue few blocks
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a truly lovely trip to NYC and stayed at the Barclay, but several glitches occurred with their breakfast buffet and daily destination fee. Upon check-in, we were handed a card that explained that $25 of this daily $30 fee could be used toward food/beverage items and a few other amenities. It does not roll over, so you must use it daily. This was no problem for us because the Gin Parlor is an excellent place for a drink. While my husband and I had the breakfast package, our companions did not. They were assured, however, at least three times by the server that their breakfast was complimentary. When presented with their $99.00 bill (yes, the breakfast buffet is $45 per person), they were aghast. To the Barclay's credit, they comped the meal. Upon checkout, we discovered that we had been charged the breakfast fees and had not been credited with the daily $25 fees. Again, the Barclay politely took care of this, but it did require a trip to the front desk. I really enjoyed this hotel, and I would not hesitate to stay there again, but I will review my bill carefully.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kwajsis
PeggyC2085, Manager at InterContinental New York Barclay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi kwajsis,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear the inconveninces you have experienced. Your comments is valuable for us to improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in the end. Hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This would be our 7th Intercon. Intercontinental Barclay didn't disappoint. We are Ambassor members, so we got a complimentary room upgrade. Our guestroom was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The hotel was near a lot of great bars and restaurants which was important to us.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IncanPrince90

Dear IncanPrince90,

Thank you for your loyalty to InterContinental hotels. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your room and our services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to enjoy #InterContinentalLife.

4 days here, great location, great lobby and decent size rooms
Sadly all let down by uncaring staff generally and Anamara on members desk down right rude
She showed a complete lack of engagement
No eye contact and could not speak fluent English
A really bad first impression for a decent hotel
I don’t normally complain but her insulting approach and subsequent lack of follow up by management was v disappointing
Check in always v busy which I suspect is due to shortage of staff and / or management issues
I suspect both
I am a Spire Elite member and will not stay here again due to staff attitude

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pbgf61
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental New York Barclay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi pbgf61,

Reviews from IHG Rewards Spire Elite members are important, thanks for choosing to stay with us. Comfortable accommodations are what we want to provide and it's great you found our facilities to your liking! On the flip side, I'm sorry the check-in experience and service level missed to leave a more positive impression. I've shared your feedback with the team to improve our services so similar situations may be handled in the best possible way.

Thanks for the candor. I hope we get the chance to make your next experience better than the last.

Safe travels,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Bad: check-in experience was very disapointing - and due to an united nations delegation they assigned us a different room for our 1st night while spending 5nights at the hotel...

Good: room size, confortable bed and pillows, breakfast variety is good and tasty. Location was perfect.
Rita, the Front Office Manager, after our 1st evening she took care of us and handled our room change with special attention. She was very professional and polite.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank HMatilde

Hi HMatilde,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about our hotel as we value your visit. I am happy to see you recognized our room and it's amenities.

I am sorry to read about your encounter with one of our front desk staff during check in, particularly the room allocation you received. I understand how frustrating this must have been for your and we always strive to exemplify accommodating and impeccable services. Nonetheless, I am happy that Rita, the Front Office Manager was able to resolve this amicably. Your comments through the review are important to us as they really do guide us to improve ourselves where we can. Training purposes are forthwith.

Thank you again for your feedback and we will continue to maintain our best level of hospitality. We hope to offer you a more pleasant hotel experience in the future.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Stayed here for work. Great midtown location. Walk-able distance to Grand Central and Central Park. Nearest subway station is 2 blocks away. It is an older hotel and rooms are a bit dated, but beds are comfortable and service is great.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank J L
PeggyC2085, Manager at InterContinental New York Barclay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear J L,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the location of our hotel. Glad that you find the Barclay convenient for you business trip. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again, for vacation as well.