1,848 results
All reviews gin parlour new york beautiful hotel british airways the club lounge classic hotel grand central station mini bar park avenue times square rockefeller center an upgrade coffee machine housekeeping staff lobby area fifth avenue upon check
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the InterContinental Barclay a couple of weekends ago from Friday-Sunday. Upon check-in, the concierge swiped my credit card for incidentals, which is typically a standard practice. Once my credit card was swiped, I had two pending charges—one for $100 and another for $386. I didn’t think anything of it because usually those pending charges disappear a few days after you check out. This did not happen. Instead, the two pending transactions were combined, and I was charged a whopping $486. I called the hotel to make them aware of what had happened so they could refund me for the amount. They agreed that I was charged incorrectly and told me that I would receive the refund in 5-7 business days. A few days after this phone call, I saw another pending charge for $486 (not the refund), so I called the hotel to ask them what had happened. The woman I spoke to was rude, abrupt, and antagonistic; she was totally unwilling to assist me. She indicated that I would receive my refund in the next few days. I hung up the phone thinking that maybe the second $486 charge wouldn’t go through since it was still pending. A day or two later I received the refund, but the second $486 charge went through. Therefore, I was incorrectly charged $486 twice and only refunded once. I rightfully called the hotel back letting them know what had happened. This employee I spoke to was also unwilling to assist me. He said that he only sees the one $486 charge and then the refund on my invoice. Obviously, I was charged a second time and it somehow was not recorded. He then preceded to tell me to open up a dispute with my bank. I ended up calling my bank to do so because I had no other option since this hotel was so unhelpful.

I spoke to three different people over the course of this extremely inconvenient experience, and I did not receive one apology. For a five star hotel, this is completely unacceptable. Please do better in the future.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aelish S
jkrauthamerICNYTS, Hotel Manager at InterContinental New York Barclay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hello Aelish S,

Thank you for staying with us and my apologies for the billing and credit card authorization challenges you've experienced. Our response to your challenges has clearly not been up to our standards, as far as timeliness and tone.

Please share your email details with us at the below email so we can attempt to restore some goodwill from this difficult situation.

Thank you.

Jeff Krauthamer
Hotel Manager

Barclay@ihg.com

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Stayed her on business - Sales manger was wonderful. Really nicely done hotel. Location is great and close to subways system. Staff was amazing, check in quick and staffed perfect w/ smiles and welcomes. Choe checked us in, and did great job. Brian worked to get us some added extras we requested but the housekeeping service took it all! They were Brilliant. Rooms super clean. Bartender Hermon rocked it also and the Breakfast server was excellent. Overall wonderful stay for 9 days - yikes.

Room Tip: If it is raining, stop by concierge and they have complimentary umbrellas. I brought back after the day and returned. Nice touch.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Peggy C, Executive Assistant at InterContinental New York Barclay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Hello Angela M,

We truly appreciate you staying with us at the InterContinental NY Barclay, and taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay at the Barclay. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding Choe, Brian, and Hermon, whom I am sure will be happy to hear that you appreciated their help. We will be sure to celebrate this with our associates. We wish to have the privilege of welcoming you back to NYC and the Barclay soon!

Warm regards,
Peggy C
Executive Office

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a short break to this hotel and it was really wonderful.
Great location, good price and lovely rooms.
The staff were excellent too. Had to change rooms and they were happy to arrange it. Would 100% recommend

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Peggy C, Executive Assistant at InterContinental New York Barclay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Hello hets1234,

We truly appreciate you staying with us at the InterContinental NY Barclay, and taking the time to share such great feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overall stay at the Barclay, and are happy to have had the privilege of hosting you for your special birthday. We wish to welcome you back to the Barclay and NYC soon!

Warm regards,
Peggy C
Executive Office

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I travel all around the world and always try to stay in the intercontinental hotel bcs of their rooms and service, I have to say that I am disappointed with this Hotel, Rooms are ok, nothing great, but what it bother me is that when you go to such a hotel you expect everything to be perfect and in our rooms when we arrive the Towels where dirty, cant understand how such a think can happen.
I complain and told the guess service , and where brought right away new towels, but still it is not right, when you pay and make sure to stay in such a hotel to have this kind of problems

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Hello Jacques O,

Thank you for your loyalty with IHG and for staying with us recently at the InterContinental NY Barclay. We apologize for the unacceptable condition with your towels upon arrival. While I am glad we responded quickly, it is not up to our standard and nor what you have grown to expect from InterContinental.

Please do let us know if you are returning to NYC in the future, so we can ensure a more seamless visit.

Thank you for the valuable feedback.

Jeff Krauthamer
Hotel Manager

Barclay@ihg.com

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel was absolutely gorgeous! The rooms were modern but held a lot of character. All the service was impeccable from start to finish! We would love to come back and will recommend it to anyone visiting NY. It was a convenient midtown location near subway shopping and sites.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple