11,090 results
All reviewssignature roomrum housetimes squarerum bargreat locationnew yorkart decorenovated roomroom keyan older hotelthe theater districtcoffee machinebig applestreet noisesmall roomcentral parkfloor
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The signature room was quite nice, large enough for a family. The bathroom was on the contrary very small (I expected something small but not this small).
Everyone from the concierge, to the receptionists and the housekeepers were extremely nice and helpful.
The location is great as it is a few steps away from Times Square.
We stayed in a room on the 9th floor, and it was a bit noisy.
The soundproofing wasn’t very effective, we could hear the TV playing next door, as well as the shower etc. That’s probably the only negative note, but I guess you can’t have it all, right ?!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tripaddict974
TheEdison, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Tripaddict974,
Thank you for your comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you were impressed with our polite and helpful staff. Compliments such as yours are the reason we are so encouraged and committed to providing the best service to our guests. Thank you also for the additional gold stars. We would love the opportunity to show you the same hospitality on your next trip.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Was not expecting great things as had read mixed reviews.But this Hotel was really nice, spacious room with two Queen beds well laid out. Foyer in Art Deco style but in a modern way. All the staff very friendly, from the maids to Front of house. Room on 12th floor was quiet and beds really comfortable. They check keycard on entering lifts so felt safe. The Concierge a Russian girl was very helpful , she booked the Shuttle service for us back to JFK which was quick and easy. The Friedmans restaurant was lovely , they also have a nice bar. I will recommend my friends and family to stay here ....Only down point was Free wifi not good in room but excellent in foyer.

Room Tip: 12th floor was quiet on right hand side of lifts.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear macrahanish,
You're the best!!! We have loved having you visit as here at the Hotel Edison! From County Cork to NYC!!! We appreciate your comments regarding your stay and thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave this wonderful review of our property. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you were impressed with our polite and helpful staff. We would love the opportunity to show you the same hospitality on your next trip. Thank you for the five golden stars.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Great location central to everything in and around Times Square. The room was nice. The bathroom was small which is somewhat expected but it was small. Restaurant attached to the hotel was very nice and fairly reasonably priced. The murals in the lobby are spectacular.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear jasindc,
Our location truly is first class and can't be beat! We appreciate your comments regarding your stay and thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to a review of our property. I am so happy to hear that you loved the murals in the lobby, it's a "walk through museum". Thank you for the additional golden stars. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I stayed here in the first week of May 2018, and it's a very beautiful historical hotel,.The customer service is exemplary & very friendly. The art deco style in the lobby is a reminder of the hotel's grand history during the 1930's & 1940's. While the many of the other hotels at Times Square have the post modern look design, (With extremely high end prices to boot) this hotels has lot of historical character. While the hotel room was a bit smaller than usual, (As with many NYC hotels) it was clean & quiet. The food at the "Friedmans At The Edison" restaurant in the hotel was also quite good. The hotel is also within 5 minutes walking distance to the popular Disney's "Frozen" Broadway show at the St. James Theatre.

What was funny was that, when I coming down from the lobby elevators, two young men wearing suits were dancing to a 1920's flapper music from their cell phones inside the elevator.. I told them about about the hotel's grand history from the 1930's, and one of them said to me, " I love it! I love this place! I love the retro art deco!!"

It goes to show that, you don't have to always pay high end prices to get a very nice hotel. In my book, this is a 5 star hotel with 3 star hotel prices. I would want to definitely come back here again, if I ever come back to NYC.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Hakaider
TheEdison, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Hakaider,
Woo Hoo !!! You're the best and thanks for the 5 gold stars!!! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your recent experience at The Historic Hotel Edison. We are always delighted to hear about your experiences. The Edison has always been a home away from home to every guest from any background. Attention to details and perfecting service is what we aim for while honoring our guests. We are glad that you have had the opportunity to experience it. We are looking forward to having you back here again, soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived here for our honeymoon 11th June. Lobby is clean and looks modern, however when we went to our room was gobsmacked at how filthy it was. Best thing is the location. See images for the state of the room we had, bare in mind it was our honeymoon and they was informed of this last August, yet the dirtiness of the room and the nonstop noise from those air extractors (?) directly outside are massive put offs and made it a big downer for us all. Requested a "high room" not the most noisy in the entire hotel. Id avoid this hotel if we ever come back to NY

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear gcdcfc,
Thank you for your feedback. We take all guest feedback to heart and as an opportunity for improvement. We clearly did not put our best foot forward with you, but believe we are better than what you experienced. We pride ourselves in our service and we hope you have an opportunity to return to the Hotel Edison so we can provide you a more memorable experience. I would be happy to discuss this with you via the phone, whenever is best for you. For that future stay please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will be sure we take great care of you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.