“Something of a joke”

Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Description: Gelso & Grand is situated at the iconic corner of Mulberry & Grand Street. The inviting and informal seating plan of the indoor, outdoor and private dining room boasts the marriage of modern and classic New York dining.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Food just ok, nothing special. Location and space are nice if a bit touristy. Service terrible. The biggest laugh came when ordering drinks before the meal. I asked for an Americano and they brought me coffee not the classic Italian cocktail. Two waiters had never heard of the drink. I went to check if this was indeed an Italian restaurant.
I then went to the bar to check with barman, after which my waiter brought me a mojito. When after about 25 minutes i finally got my cocktail, it was heavily watered down and not worth $13. Even worse, when the bill came they tried to charge me for both the coffee and the cocktail. Won't be going back or recommending to anybody.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

You’ve been warned! We were served rancid smelling pork with poor service. If you want to wait a while to be seated, only to be served spoiled and pricey food with poor service...then this place may be more you. If you rather not gamble with your meal and avoid overall disappointment...I’d continue yelping.

1  Thank Marcus S
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We had a nice brunch at Gelso and Grand in Little Italy on our last day in NYC in April. We had a table spread of the Brussels Sprouts (with honey and thai chili - YUM), roasted cauliflower (with capers, anchovy, garlic and lemon), meatballs and a couple other small dishes. It was great to share - and a wonderful last meal together with friends. The atmosphere was great - the windows were open, it was a sunny warm day and the wine was also lovely. A great stop in Little Italy!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This place is ideal to eat with your friends and even for a date! The decorations are so beautiful!
With my friends we ate the pizza "quattro fromaggi" and the bruschetta "burrata" and believe me that was just amazing!!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant whilst exploring little Italy. There are many restaurants to choose from, but so glad we chose Gelso and Grand! My sister and I shared a pizza for lunch and it was like being transported back to Rome. Proper thin crust pizza! The staff were very accommodating!