All reviews dirty french lower east side katz's deli east village russ daughters queen studio new york small balcony cool hotel bars and restaurants great neighborhood sitting area roof terrace restaurant downstairs rain shower mini bar boutique hotel
Reviewed 6 March 2018

The rooms are small, but that was to be expected. The issue is there was no room to put anything other than a few hooks for coats and maybe pajamas. There is a very small half closest to hang clothes but there are no drawers and only one little space at the bottom of the closet. There wasn’t much space to leave a suitcase open. The night stand was a “log”, so there was no place to put my glasses when going to bed. The room as 77 degrees when we checked in while it was in the 30’s outside. We had to use the AC, which turned out to be incredibly loud every time it came on. In addition to the AC noise we could hear the street traffic below, late into the night. We were on the 15th floor. The pillow were flat and not comfortable at all. There is a Nespresso machine on one of the night stands with pods in the closet. Not the easiest set up. The bar is trendy and expensive. Four drinks were $80 before tip. When we left our room to check out, there was the distinct aroma of the floor of somebody having gotten sick on the carpet. It made waiting for the elevator a bit challenging. Yes, this was mentioned to the front desk when we got down there. While waiting for our friends in the lobby we attempted to have a cup of coffee, but it was cold. The location is nice and there are a number of surrounding places to eat and shop, but the size of the room and the trendy bar are not going to bring us back.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank DMSMD64
Joseph S, Guest Relations Manager at The Ludlow New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hi DMSMD64,

Thank you for your review - I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. We try to make every possible effort to ensure our guests' comfort while they are with us. While some of these are issues outside our control (such as street noise), there are others that we will do our best to address in the future. Our front desk is always staffed to try to resolve any issues our guests might have during their stay.

I hope you will choose to give us another chance in the future, Please don't hesitate to contact our in-house reservations department to make your next reservation and they can work with you to find a room category that will better suit your needs.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our 3 night stay at The Ludlow. Staff were friendly and the neighbourhood is filled with galleries, restaurants and bars. We stayed in a skybox loft because we wanted a great view and a tub! The furnishings are starting to get a little worn ... not badly, just worn and scuffed here and there. The only things I would have preferred is a king size bed and a place for our suitcase. Everything is compact, but very tastefully done! We didn’t eat at the restaurant but it was always busy, along with the lounge, so I’m assuming this is still the place to be. Trendy and a lovely old school NYC vibe.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Christian,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our skybox so much - they're some of the most beautiful rooms in the hotel! The designers really did a lot with the space (and I'm glad you noticed those little touches!).

I hope to welcome you back to the Ludlow - and if you do want to eat at Dirty French while you're here, I'll get you that reservation!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is super cool. Right in the centre of cool lower east side. The rooms are on the small side, but hey this is New York! Small yes but luxurious. And it had the bathroom of dreams... and the view? Could never tire of it.
Downstairs for the bar or breakfast, the ambiance is New York understatement. Have stayed twice now, looking forward to my 3rd visit. Only thing, some of the Front of House staff could be friendlier.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Melanie S

Hi Melanie,

I think our bathrooms are some of the best in the city (especially those deep soaking tubs), and it sounds like you agree. Glad you enjoyed your stay!

We're looking forward to your third visit as well - please let us know when we can expect you!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

The room was charming, well decorated.. but very small. the bathroom however is rather large for NYC. As always air conditionning is very noisy.
Disapointement with breakfast : muffin came cold, I had to wait at least 15 minutes to be served, granola thick as a brick in my stomach..
So why not but I will not be back

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank joelle m

Hi joelle,

Thank you for your review. I'll be sure to let our team know your disappointment with breakfast so we can work on improving the service for our guests.

I hope you will come back and stay with us again. Please don't hesitate to book with us directly so we can help reserve the perfect room for you!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Words can not describe how amazing my stay at The Ludlow was. The staff was amazing, room service promptly corrected an issue. The customer service was like no other. The rooms are cozy the views of the city breath taking (stayed in the skybox 18th fl) you got to stay here at lease once. I will return!

Room tip: skybox if you love a great view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank virgomeea

Hi virgomeea,

I love to read reviews like this one. I'll be sure to pass your kind words on to our room service staff.

Don't hesitate to come by and see us again!