Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2019

I stayed there three times in different years, since I like its location and price was good. My last visit left me with terrible bed bugs bites. I found one of the insects, so no case of mistaken identity. The staff did not seem very surprised and did not show much empathy, their only reaction was that they will bring an exterminator (too late for me, since I was leaving).

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Gabriel_9698
mdrege, General Manager at Seafarers International House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2019

Dear Gabriel,

Thank you for staying with us continually throughout the past few years! This is the first we have heard of this incident. We take the cleanliness and safety of our guests very seriously. We have an exterminator come every two weeks to ensure that we are clear. I urge you to contact us directly so that we may further investigate this incident.

Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and it was okay for the price.
The reception was not friendly especially when i could not understand the gentlemen even tough my english is very good.
Once i asked for a blanked because in the summer they only have a thin cover. I was told no, you can’t get any. I slept underneath my jacket for a week!
The cleanup was very good and the bathroom was no problem, very close and comfortable.
The location was great, walking distance from the subway and many shops and restaurants.
I will not return but the price was excellent.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SimoneB2382
Reviewed 12 January 2019

For a city of expensive hotels finding this place was a real plus. The Manhattan location was great with a nearby subway. The hotel was clean with friendly staff. The room was basic with bathroom opposite in hallway but perfectly fine and fantastic value. Exceeded my expectations. They provided luggage storage and had lounge areas with tea and coffee. Highly recommended!!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joy M
mdrege, General Manager at Seafarers International House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2019

Thanks for your helpful review. Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 22 November 2018 via mobile

‘Great stay!’

After reading some of the reviews I did not know what to expect but my room with a private bathroom on the 6th floor was just great! The man at the reception was really nice and made my day by letting me check in early.
My room was perfect size and had two windows with a city view. The room had 2 single beds. Small but clean and comfortable .
My room was super clean, had a small fridge and the pressure and hot water in my shower was perfect.
It’s New York so I do not know any hotel where you won’t hear any city noise but located on 15th street and Irwing it’s quiet during the night. I stayed there 4 nights and had no complaints only positive things to say and all the staff I spoke to while I stayed there were really nice and friendly. I will go back and recommend it to my friends and family.
My room met my expectations and you won’t get room service every day but can ask if you need anything.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Maude D
Reviewed 20 November 2018

Hotels in Manhattan are generally expensive. However, this hotel is even cheaper than many hotels outside Manhattan. I stayed here for 7 nights. Overall, everything was okay. Location is good, just few minutes walked to metro. There are few supermarkets and many restaurants nearby. The room was okay, not cleanest but livable. Staff were nice.

Room tip: Ask for room on the other side of the street. There is a bar on the opposite side and it could be quite noisy on weekend
Date of stay: October 2018