Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Carl M
New York City, New York

Good location but front desk non responsive and had to call corporate for assistance

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Feb 2024via mobile
Restaurant not available. I needed help from the front desk but they would not answer the phone?! What hotel does not respond to a call to the front desk? Was so frustrated I had to call a 800 to get assistance! When the 800 contact called back they admitted that they had the same problem!
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: Get all your questions answered up front!
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 1 Mar 2024
Dear Carlm, Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East and for sharing your review. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, as we take pride in delivering impeccable service. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate team members, and we are very grateful for your patience. We welcome another opportunity to show you the hospitality you should have received on this occasion. It was an honor hosting your visit, and we wish you all the best with your travels.

$444
    $295
1.5 km from Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East
View more hotels in New York City
1,837 results
All reviews great location new york city view times square walking distance around the corner subway stop rooms are small beds were comfortable few blocks definitely stay here again higher floor street noise bagels midtown lobby keurig
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2024

I stayed at a hotel from January 15 to January 20, 2024. Upon check-in, I was charged a $250 caution deposit, which was promised to be refunded to my card within 3-5 days. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive this refund. Despite filing a complaint (Case # 196866371), I have not received any response.

Room tip: Consider staying elsewhere unless you wish to risk being overcharged.
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank raghu83
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2024

Dear raghu83, Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. Our top priority is for every guest to leave completely satisfied; therefore, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our system automatically releases this hold the moment you check out; however, the authorization of the funds depends on your banking institution. We understand the importance of a timely resolution and appreciate your patience. Thank you again for choosing us. We value your business and hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 February 2024

The location can't be beat and my room was clean and comfortable upon check-in. I enjoyed the microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and safe as well as the coffee, chilled water and apples in the lobby. I was told that housekeeping would be every other day so after two nights I was looking forward to that.

When I returned on day 3, I found the bed sloppily made, used towels removed but not replaced and one soiled towel that I had left on the counter next to the sink was still there. Earlier in the day I spilled some coffee down the drain and the splashes were sill there in the sink after the so-called "housekeeping." Apparently the "housekeeper" totally avoided the sink area. Two paper coffee cups were replaced, but not the coffee pods! And the little bar of soap for washing my face was also not replaced.
The bath mat was removed, but not replaced. If the "housekeeper" spent more than five minutes in my room, I would be quite shocked.

I travel around the US and around the world and stay in hotels of various categories. But I've never experienced such abysmal "housekeeping" over the last 50 years as here this Hilton Garden Inn.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2024

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We were delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your guest room upon check-in. We apologize for the disappointment you encountered with our housekeeping service. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it allows us to improve our guest experience. We will address these concerns appropriately and sincerely regret any inconvenience you experienced. We value your patronage and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 January 2024

I have never left a review in my entire life but this place was seriously horrible. Staff was extremely rude and after going out of my way to ensure my room was cleaned it was not when I returned two times. Also beware hilton deletes bad reviews.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2024

Dear K728AUandrews, First of all, we apologize for the behavior of our staff and thank you for informing us of this incident. We are disappointed that our staff was not as responsive as they should have been in addressing your concerns. We understand your disappointment, and your feedback is being reviewed with the team members to see what went wrong. We appreciate your business and would welcome the opportunity to restore a favorable impression of our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2023

They keep deleting this but they gave a random man a key to my room and he walked in on me as they slept. The man who had our key was nicer than all the staff - he was horrified but the staff were extremely disrespectful. Many people would react to someone coming into their room with the 2nd amendment, yet I was treated like this was my problem. NOTHING WAS COMPED and we received RETALIATION from staff in the form of verbal comments and having our trash/towels/sheets NOT CHANGED ONE TIME in over a week.

Room tip: please stay away you are NOT SAFE
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Constance K
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2023

Dear 764constancek, First and foremost, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We appreciate you bringing this incident to our attention and apologize for what transpired. It is very concerning to read your comments as we take the safety of our guests very seriously. Such incidents are very unusual at our hotel, and we genuinely regret this was your experience. We understand your frustration and are grateful for your patience. We are reviewing this with our leadership team and will take action to ensure such instances are not repeated. We want the opportunity to serve you better in the future and hope you will consider a return visit.

Reviewed 26 December 2023

Me and my husband stayed at this property for one night before Christmas. The stay was absolutely horrible. It started from the moment when we came to have dinner at the restaurant on property and were told that the chief called out, so they were closed. Being a Gold Hilton member and having Food&Beverage credit, made us upset to not being able to use it for dinner. Breakfast in this hotel is not complimentary, so we figured we would use the FB credit towards breakfast at least. But here comes the worst part: in the morning we came down to the breakfast, there was not a single person in the „restaurant”, nobody met us or asked us anything, so we approached the front desk asking how do we use the FB credit and was hastily told if we’re Gold members, just charge it to the room. We came back to the restaurant, still no one, but one employee. We approached and gave our room number still not knowing how much we need to pay for breakfast or maybe it's complimentary for Gold members. Breakfast was of the utmost horrible quality. We had to go find cutlery too because tables weren’t served properly. We barely ate because food tasted horribly. Not a single Hilton I’ve stayed served such a terrible breakfast which is not even complimentary, even for Hilton Honor members. That experience costed $47 minus $20 F&B credit that we had. We were absolutely shocked! No one could tell us the price and how it all worked, there was just one sign hanging in the corner saying that breakfast buffet is $21.99 plus taxes. Pure scam! We went back to the front desk with a complaint, and were met by the most incompetent manager on duty who wasn’t apologetic at all. Furthermore, he had a smile on his face when we asked for manager on duty. We asked the refund of $27 that we had to pay out of our pocket, not even saying about compensation that we should’ve received. All we heard from the person at the front desk: you ate breakfast, I can’t refund. I worked in Hilton before, and very well know that it takes a couple of seconds to refund a guest, especially being a manager. That person at the front desk was absolutely wrong chosen for that position and doesn’t even deserve to work in a customer service. Don’t waste your money staying in this property!

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2023

Dear aleksandrai992, Thank you for your review and being a Gold Hilton member. It is disappointing to read your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced due to our staff not being responsive to your needs. We are also sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced regarding your refund. Rest assured, we take your feedback seriously and will thoroughly investigate these concerns to ensure they are addressed appropriately. We hope you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area so we may ensure your next stay is the outstanding one you deserve.