Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Viaggiatore0607
dayton

Great Service.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Apr 2024
Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Skye checked us in and was friendly and efficient. We saw her throughout our weekend and were always greeted as welcome guests.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 20 Apr 2024
Dear Viaggiatore0607, We are flattered by your very kind review of Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West. Team members like Skye are a perfect example of the passionate and dedicated spirit of service that we value, and we are delighted that our caring hospitality was the highlight of your stay. It was a pleasure hosting your visit, and we hope to welcome you again soon.

$444
    $261
1.5 km from Hilton Garden Inn New York/central Park South-midtown West
View more hotels in New York City
3,990 results
All reviews central park empire steakhouse great location times square new york lower floor lincoln center around the corner few blocks city view business center coffee machine street noise nyc hotel subway station broadway lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2024

My seventy-something mother and my fourteen-year-old daughter went to NYC for a quick trip and together we decided on this hotel because of it's convenient location. My mother requested connecting rooms. When they arrived at the hotel, my mom was told they now could not accomodate the connecting rooms request. This was incredibly disappointing and something we would have appreciated knowing in advance, as we were not at all comfortable with a fourteen-year-old girl in her own hotel room, away from her grandmother, for three nights in New York City. For me, back home, this created a great deal of unnecessary anxiety since now everyone at the front desk and within earshot of the conversation they were having with my mom knew a young teenage girl was staying in a hotel room alone.

In addition, despite the posted and promised 3pm check-in time, my mom's room was not ready until 8pm. Having woken up at 4am for her flight, this was just another crappy situation for her and my daughter at this hotel. It was otherwise fine--rooms were fine, location was fine. But for families needing two rooms, just be aware that connecting rooms are never guaranteed here apparently, that they won't tell you ahead of time that your minor child might end up in a separate room, and that you may have to wait five hours past check-in time to even get to your room.

We'll be using other hotels in the future.

Room tip: Connecting rooms are not guaranteed. It's possible you may be forced to wait until 8pm to check in, as my mom did.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley B
General Manager, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn New York/central Park South-midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2024

Dear 100hadleyb, Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your mother’s expectations regarding the room she requested. We do try to honor these requests; however, there are times when we do not have the room unoccupied and available. We understand your frustration and truly regret disappointing your mother and daughter. Your feedback will aid us in making necessary improvements as we are committed to providing a comfortable stay with exceptional service. Considering our convenient location, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience whenever your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 6 April 2024

Don't stay here. I used to love this hotel but every time it's a fight at the desk. This time, I had to choose the time of arrival and chose an upgrade (paid an extra 60 bucks plus taxes and fees) and was able to choose my room. I arrived at the time I said I'd arrive, the room I had chosen wasn't available. Why? it was available on the app. The desk claimed that they are not required to give you the room you choose (then why offer the option?) and can change it at will. Corporate said there must be something wrong with the APP, but the app does the same thing about 50% of the time (I travel for work 3 weeks a month) which is why I questioned it. I chose the room on the floor I wanted because it was larger than the other upgraded rooms on the same floor. Nope. Even when you tell them when you're arriving and choose a room that's available, it's not guaranteed. Fine. Ok. Exactly zero you can do about it.

The hotel hasn't had a renovation since opening 25 years ago. The area between the entry way tile and carpet has the carpet nails sticking through and the carpet is worn in the area from the tile to the bed.

The terrace furniture has holes and needs to be replaced (this is the reason for the increased cost).

But it's the elevators that are the most concerning at this hotel. There's three. Going up there's a line. Coming down is impossible. They're always full. Checking out today I waited 25 minutes on floor 2 to get on an elevator and only 4 doors opened in those 25 minutes. I even tried going up but those were full. I finally carried my luggage down the stairs to the lobby (floor 2 is really floor three as the lobby is double height). Is there a solution? Yes. Add another elevator to the outside of the hotel. It's possible. Buildings have done it. A Kimpton hotel next to our house did it.

I am done with this hotel ( I keep giving it second chances and always regret it).

Room tip: Do not choose your room, you will not get it. Ask for a room on a low floor so you can take the stairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn New York/central Park South-midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2024

Dear Jacksondc, We completely understand how the events you experienced detracted from your stay and made it less relaxing and seamless. Our goal is to create exceptional and memorable experiences for every guest, so we apologize for falling short in your case. We are sorry for not meeting your expectations regarding the room you requested. We do honor these requests; however, there are times when we do not have the room unoccupied and available. We also understand your frustration regarding the elevator issue and sincerely regret the temporary inconvenience. We're committed to addressing these concerns and ensuring every guest receives the highest service and care. We hope you will consider giving us another chance to provide you with the stay you deserve.

Reviewed 2 April 2024 via mobile

Location was excellent, 10 minutes walk from Central Park and Time Square. Lots of great eating and drinking options surrounding the hotel. Check in was smooth and room was fine. We had two double beds with view of 54th street. Room was quite small but very clean, quiet and comfy beds. We didn’t have a room safe which was unusual compared to other hotels we have stayed in. Coffee etc refilled on some days, not on others. Overall a good stay that suited the purpose of a busy sightseeing trip to NYC.

Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn New York/central Park South-midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2024

Dear 71jones, Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your city visit and appreciated having several restaurants, Central Park, and Times Square within walking distance. Your praise for our check-in service is much appreciated! The magnificent views are genuinely great. However, we apologize for your concerns regarding the size of your room and are sorry to read that you were disappointed with the lack of amenities in your room. Your feedback is invaluable as it allows us to improve our guest’s experience. We would love the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 30 March 2024

Hotel was in a great location. The rooms are very small (even for NYC). Our room smelled pretty strongly of mildew or mold, but beds/views were nice and quiet. Elevators were very slow at times (which was especially frustrating when the aggressive sales pitches for the Hilton timeshares would start). Staff were either very warm and kind or very cold and short.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn New York/central Park South-midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2024

Dear Dux0406, Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad our excellent location was convenient for your needs. However, we are disappointed you had some room size concerns. We work hard to provide a clean and comfortable environment; therefore, we regret that the mildew smell compromised your experience. We will bring your concerns to the attention of our staff as we continuously strive to improve. We also apologize for the issues you had with our elevators. We understand your frustration and sincerely regret the temporary inconvenience. It was a pleasure hosting your visit, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 March 2024 via mobile

Checking in was painful. My wife had prepaid but apparently the reservation hadn’t gone through. The reception person didn’t seem to fully understand the computer reservation system. My guess.

Room smelled of vape. I suspect the vaping was ongoing (not a residual from a past guest) but hvac appeared to send the smell into our room. I applied a medical anesthetic pad to my shoulder to disguise the vape smell, which I admittedly hate more than other people do I suspect.

Breakfast was in fancy room and service was fine. But buffet was limited. We had a 20 dollar daily allowance but a single not terribly tasty buffet breakfast was $32. Mandatory 5 dollar tip included. Net 12. It was worth the net 12 bucks but food wise I’d have preferred an egg sandwich n coffee at a deli. But room was nice , as mentioned.

At checkout the 20 buck allowance wasn’t initially applied. More of the same…

Pretty disappointing.

Room tip: Don’t expect to sail through checkin. Bring room fresheners!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn New York/central Park South-midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2024

Dear TC-Voyageur, Thank you for your generous comments and for highlighting our great location. Even though our guest rooms are smoke-free, we occasionally have violations of this rule. We take these incidents seriously and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the issues you had with our front desk. Our team is evaluating your feedback to ensure these concerns are not repeated. We regret your disappointment with our breakfast and that it did not meet your expectations. Our breakfast staff has shared your concern as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will stay with us again.