“Super Cute”

Ranked #969 of 13,293 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Description: Lexington Candy Shop is the last remaining authentic NYC Luncheonette established and family owned since 1925 and serving breakfast, lunch, and classic American fare all day! For drinks - serving THE best milkshakes, malts, egg creams, fresh squeezed juices, and THE best lemonade! For breakfast- serving eggs made in pans, cinnamon walnut french toast and pancakes. For lunch- serving angus burgers, sliders, and sandwiches including a great grilled cheese and chicken salad. Kid friendly! Open 7am-7pm mon-sat and on sunday 8am- 6 pm. Located just 3 blocks from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Come take a step back in time!
Reviewed 5 March 2021

Really liked this old fashioned “candy store” on Lexington Ave. It was more of a coffee shop diner than a candy store but it was charming nonetheless. Ordered a jumbo butter burger, chocolate chip pancakes and an orange creamsicle.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (283)

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

I really love this little spot ever since I saw it featured on CBS Sunday Morning. I try to visit every time I go to New York. They nice selection on their menu, their milkshakes and floats are great - their prices are high but in the end it’s worth it because the place is so unique and historical.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 29 February 2020

Went for dinner and got a bacon swiss burger. The portions were just about right - I didn't feel stuffed or hungry afterward. The burger was very good. Service was good but not great.
I just felt like the prices were high for what you got. For example, my wife and I went to Outback last night, had a good meal, and took food home for less than our meal here.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank thismike
Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

This is the best diner i ever have visited. Beautiful and classic diner with very good food and very nice staff. I LOVED the food and will come back on my next visit. LOVED it:))))

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank Aashatravels
Reviewed 22 January 2020

Having walked by here, literally, for decades and always wanting to try, I finally did - as a "solo diner," not unusual in NYC. Was ignored when I went in - finally seated - took forever to have someone take my order (granted it was lunchtime but there were open tables and counter seats and they walked by me about 20 times). Ordered with a "classic experience" in mind- grilled cheese and bacon, fries and a chocolate malted. The malted ($9-plus!!!) was to be the treat - but was a watery mess. The fries were elementary-school cafe "quality" - underdone - (first one still semi-frozen) and soggy. And then finally received the sandwich, which was pretty good. No one ever checked on me or how the food was. The waiter had to ask the woman who seemed to be cooking (at least toasting all the bread) to write and bring my check. Great interior but nothing that justified a $27+ bill for a mediocre lunch. Would have been best to leave it on my "one day" list.

Date of visit: January 2020